Hashpot

Onkyo HTS790 system no sound from the surround

I got the home theater in a box yesterday and since then i couldnt get the surround sound to work. the system has A B speaker switching the A sets the 5.1 and the B sets the 2 channels but only the front and left main speakers are on . I know the rest of the channels work because i heard a hiss from each of them when i messed with the audio set up for (db) I dont know what to do and i really need help .. help now i want to enjoy the 1000watts of Power! any sugestions are apreciated. ps the center only worked when its not on the direct format when its direct the main front and left speakers work.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    So -- you have your 5.1 speakers connected to the A set of output terminals?
    What disk are you playing, are you sure it has surround content?
    You followed the hookup diagrams? Here is one for the HT-S780, it's probably similar.
    Can't seem to find the manual on the Onkyo site -- what modes do you have access to, is there an "auto format detect" amongst your many surround modes?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Hashpot
    the modes i have access to Dolby2 digital ex and dolbypro 2x , Dts-es matrix/discrete dtsneo:6 and dts 96/24*3 it also has Neural sound cinema filter fuction Linear pcm and last but not least DSp processing..What disk are you playing, are you sure it has surround content? i tried on a new dvd the Departed (good movie) And the A terminal are the channels the B is to take off the 7.1 and making the A to a 5.1

Hashpot
    Dusty Chalk i have 2 questions do you know why does the manual and the site you gave me seperate the left and right audio and the video. The ones im use to seeing are all one cable video L and R audio;they're the same right? would you also know why theres a delay of sound between my tv Hitachi 50V720 rear projection and the hometheater ,the tv is always ahead by less than sec
    Last edited by Hashpot; 03-22-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Hashpot
    IT WORKS i also fixed the delay problem

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    No, I don't know.

And: what was wrong? Or did it just get fixed when you reset up everything?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information