Forum Regular

DVD Player Recommendation. Panasonic?

I need a new Dvd player and I don't know alot about them. A local store has a closeout of 1 unit which is a Panasonic RP91. It seems to have very good specs and progressive scan, it was discontinued about a year ago. Anyone have any experience with this unit? Thanks, Jack

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jackz4000
    I need a new Dvd player and I don't know alot about them. A local store has a closeout of 1 unit which is a Panasonic RP91. It seems to have very good specs and progressive scan, it was discontinued about a year ago. Anyone have any experience with this unit? Thanks, Jack
    Jack; Go to the home page of audioreview and look up REVIEWS and then choose single dvd players. You should find a thread of reviews on this player. Even though it was considered one of the three best units to buy, I would read some of the reviews anyway since some of that info other owners wrote about might apply to a specific situation.

Forum Regular

Reviews, Yes

Yes, I did read them. Went to the Panny website also. There, I found it strange that their many current models are at a much lower price. Called my buddy who is more into home audio and video stuff told me to grab the pr91 for the $225 closeout. Since the unit is a few years old, wondered if users here who may have it still like it and if new problems have arisen before plunking down the cash. Maybe better units have recently come along at that price. Cheers, jack

Thread Information