Your fav book to learn about audio, Dbs, Headroom, Output, Sensitivity

I am a newbie as you can tell by all my other questions. What is your favorite book for learning about audio principals? I noticed many expensive $100+ books online for audio engineering and advanced topics.

I want to find a nice clear and simple book(s) that explain about high end audio and the dynamics behind a great listening experience. I want to start making a collection.

What book would you recommend?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Best 2 I ever read:
    Speaker Building 201 by Ray Alden and
    Loudspeaker design Cookbook by Vance Dickason. I'd recommend them in that order.
    These are targeted to aspiring speaker builders, but the fundamentals are invaluable to anyone looking to understand more about speaker design, how they interact with amps, rooms. You'll learn enough of the basics to be able to tell when someone's feeding you audiophile fluff. There's much more discussed than merely speaker designing, so you'll pick up quite a bit of audio technobabble, but again, it these are written for DIY-ers, so there might be a good chunk of stuff you're not interested in.

Other than that, I think Audioholics is a good online source for learning about amps, room setup etc....Just keep frequenting the forums here and you'll stumble across a lot of answers to good questions. Doesn't need to be books. Google is your friend.

By the way, what's your avatar?

Thanks, yes I like to read around the forums and google but I want a nice book to study up on. I want to ask more educated questions. My avitar is of a larger picture from a friend on deviant art. Thanks, Im going to get those books.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Best 2 I ever read:
    Speaker Building 201 by Ray Alden and
    Loudspeaker design Cookbook by Vance Dickason.
    CRAPO!
    I knew I forgot something!

I ran over to parts express Saturday to pick up the Dayton rack mount sub amp (very sweet) and forgot to pick up those 2 books!

oh well... ups is cheaper than gas to get there again :rofl:

fyi, if any of you guys visit parts express... goto the springboro location, not the downtown Dayton location...

later
    mike
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Forum Regular
    I have a copy of Ray Alden's Speaker Building 201. It's a nice one.

Suspended
    Both books are available on Amazon.com. Buy both together for $74.90. They're in my shopping cart.

Thread Information