Denon auto-cal problem?

I'm having a problem with my auto setup. I'm not sure if it's the mic or not but everytime I run the auto setup my levels are all set to +12 db. I assumed this was due to reflection, since my room had really bad echo. But after room treatments, the problem still exists. The echo is gone, but I'm wondering if the auto setup is still having a hard time due to room response.

Distances have been set perfect everytime so this makes me assume that the mic is working fine. This is not a huge issue since I usually just use the mic to set my distances and adjust the levels myself using a meter (I had no problem setting my levels using a meter), but I'm still curious about this.

Any thoughts?

Sounds fishy. Are you running it on full auto, or doing who thing at a time manualy?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Sounds fishy. Are you running it on full auto, or doing who thing at a time manualy?
    Full auto. Once it's ran, you can go back in and check the setting and save em if your happy with the results. After that you can go back in and make individual changes.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Full auto. Once it's ran, you can go back in and check the setting and save em if your happy with the results. After that you can go back in and make individual changes.
    Hmm... Don't know too much about the Denon's auto cal. But I can run mine at full auto or one segment at a time.
    Check wiring & stop. Then I can check the results. Go on or re-check.
    Check distance & stop. Then I can check the results. ....... re-run, re-run, re-run till it get's it right.
    Check level......
    Check EQ....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Others on this board have had erroneous auto calibration readings because of background noise from sources such as heating/AC, street noises, appliances, etc. Might want to take a brief pause and whip out the SPL meter to see how much ambient noise your room has when the auto calibration kicks in. Also looking at how your room is setup, I would also guess that the vaulted ceiling might also alter the level readings, since the auto calibration routines don't emit long test tones. When the levels are set at +12 db, is that in relation to the main speakers or does everything get set at that level?
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Others on this board have had erroneous auto calibration readings because of background noise from sources such as heating/AC, street noises, appliances, etc. Might want to take a brief pause and whip out the SPL meter to see how much ambient noise your room has when the auto calibration kicks in. Also looking at how your room is setup, I would also guess that the vaulted ceiling might also alter the level readings, since the auto calibration routines don't emit long test tones. When the levels are set at +12 db, is that in relation to the main speakers or does everything get set at that level?
    As far as background noise goes, I always make sure AC is off and that there's no background noises. The house is kept silent.

Every speaker is set to +12 except the sub.

Thread Information