View Poll Results: Worst T.V. to Movie Transfers of all time!!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • "McHales Navy" - God I'm ready to die now/. Tom Friggin Arnold!!!

0 0%
  • "The Honeymooners" - Cedric "The Un-entertainer" kills another 90 minutes of folks lives.

1 8.33%
  • "The Beverly Hillbillies" - The mind boggles and the intellect cringes.

0 0%
  • "The Dukes of Hazzard" - More fun with Rednecks.

2 16.67%
  • "Rocky and Bullwinkle" - How much dope did they smoke to come up with this one?

0 0%
  • "Miami Vice" - The next sound you hear is Jamie Fox flushing his Oscar.

0 0%
  • "Bewitched" - Oh the humanity!!!!

0 0%
  • "The Wild Wild West" - Yes son, that man is wearing a dress but it's still not funny. .

3 25.00%
  • "Car 54 Where Are You" - How to take a terrible show, make a worse movie.

1 8.33%
  • "The Avengers" - Never, NEVER has one man been more dissappointed.

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worst T.V. to movie Transfer...

I hate these things. I hate them more than Nazi's on Roller Skates. I would see everyone involved banished to salt mines for the duration. I wan them arrested, their wives and children taken, their pets abducted... oooooh you turtles!!!! Hate isn't strong enough, loathe, despise, abhor, detest, etc.....

Da Worfster

First of all, Markw, what was your idea? Maybe Worf missed one, or two. He likes it when you point out his mistakes. Makes him stronger!

I voted for the Avengers. When I was a kid this was a great show to me. I don't remember it being a whacky comedy like the movie was. It really bothered me. As far as the Dukes, Rocky & Moose-head, and some others here, they were weak comedies to begin with. The remakes sucked, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with. They were what I expected. The Avengers movie ripped my heart out.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Easy: Lost In Space...

Ah Gman...

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    First of all, Markw, what was your idea? Maybe Worf missed one, or two. He likes it when you point out his mistakes. Makes him stronger!

I voted for the Avengers. When I was a kid this was a great show to me. I don't remember it being a whacky comedy like the movie was. It really bothered me. As far as the Dukes, Rocky & Moose-head, and some others here, they were weak comedies to begin with. The remakes sucked, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with. They were what I expected. The Avengers movie ripped my heart out.
    A man after my own heart. Well at least I had one till they ripped mine out and placed it alongside yours. Yes... I have to agree. The whole affair was awful, worthless and dreadful. I've never seen a bigger waste of first rate talent. Even had Sean Connery playing the villain. How can you screw that up???

Da Worfster

Errr.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Just outside the Top 10. If I had eleven slots, there it would be.

Da Worfster

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who liked this movie. But I did like it. Was even hoping for a second. My biggest gripe was that they didn't get Bill Mummy to play the boy as an adult.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

But of these choices - The Avengers - my expectations were soooooo high...That movie stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who liked this movie. But I did like it. Was even hoping for a second. My biggest gripe was that they didn't get Bill Mummy to play the boy as an adult.
    *LJ slowly stands up*

I liked it, kinda. I guess. Maybe.

*sits back down*

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    A man after my own heart. Well at least I had one till they ripped mine out and placed it alongside yours. Yes... I have to agree. The whole affair was awful, worthless and dreadful. I've never seen a bigger waste of first rate talent. Even had Sean Connery playing the villain. How can you screw that up???

Da Worfster
    When there's a will, there's a way. And someone sure wanted to make a piece of high grade crap here.

Thanks LJ. Glad someone else at least didn't hate Lost in Space.

I put my vote on the Honeymooners, my wife drag me to this one and I knew it was bad from the start. I was surprise that Miami Vice made the list. The movie was dead on with the show, all flash and trash no real plot and no charactor depth. To me Bad Boys (Will & Martin) was the next step in the Miami vice livelyhood. Which give some respect to the Miami law enforcement community.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Worfster, I'm either fortunate or willfully ignorant, but I've not seen any of the movies on your list! Blues Brothers not withstanding, conceptually I'm just not into the TV show-to-movie genre. There seem to be lot more misses than hits in this genre, and the misses miss big time.

Out of the movies on the list, the one that seemed most offensive to me was Rocky and Bullwinkle -- Robert DeNiro as Fearless Leader?! Jason Alexander as Boris Badinov?! WTF?! Some things are just best left alone.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best, many of these movies rate in the negatives. Well into the negatives. That said, I have a hard time hating one more than another.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Gotta say, the Flintstones and Scooby Doo were worse than at least a few of these...

Now, if they come out with "Airwolf - The Movie", or "The A-Team: The Musical" pencil me in!

Shaddup!!!!

Gotta say, the Flintstones and Scooby Doo were worse than at least a few of these...

Now, if they come out with "Airwolf - The Movie", or "The A-Team: The Musical" pencil me in!
    Shhhh.... you say that too loud and sure as God made little green apples (hmm might be a song there somewhere) some hollywood hacks gonna make it!!!!

Shaddup, shuttin' up!!!

Da Worfster

You sir....

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Worfster, I'm either fortunate or willfully ignorant, but I've not seen any of the movies on your list! Blues Brothers not withstanding, conceptually I'm just not into the TV show-to-movie genre. There seem to be lot more misses than hits in this genre, and the misses miss big time.

Out of the movies on the list, the one that seemed most offensive to me was Rocky and Bullwinkle -- Robert DeNiro as Fearless Leader?! Jason Alexander as Boris Badinov?! WTF?! Some things are just best left alone.
    Are one lucky, lucky man!!!! Sometimes "willfull ignorance" can be a GOOD thing. LOL

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Shhhh.... you say that too loud and sure as God made little green apples (hmm might be a song there somewhere) some hollywood hacks gonna make it!!!!

Shaddup, shuttin' up!!!

Da Worfster
    I second this. Kex, shhhhh... listen to Mugsie.

Oy, Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble! I was gonna refrain from mentioning this, but you've forced my hand!

The Coneheads

Hey, if they can make a TV series out of Blue Thunder featuring Dana Carvey as "JAFO," and Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith in supporting roles, just think of the possibilities with Airwolf!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Oy, Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble! I was gonna refrain from mentioning this, but you've forced my hand!

The Coneheads

Hey, if they can make a TV series out of Blue Thunder featuring Dana Carvey as "JAFO," and Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith in supporting roles, just think of the possibilities with Airwolf!
    Pfffff......Blue Thunder had nothing on Street Hawk

Wow, now that's a list.

I picked Wild Wild West. I had high hopes for that one because I loved the TV show so much as a kid and brother, it let me down HARD. What a turd.

I guess my expectations for The Avengers were non-existstant by the time I saw it on video because it wasn't nearly as crappy movie for me as, say, The Flintstones was. Uma or Rosie, you make the call. Sure loved both TV shows tho.

The Miami Vice move was OK. Gritty. WAY better than the cheesy TV show.

I wasn't as offended by Lost in Space as some of you either. Not great, but I was mildly entertained by it. Still love that it had two GREAT theme songs.

Enough with the negative polls already. How about a poll for BEST TV show film adaptation?

Dukes of Hazzard.....what an insult. Boss Hog was turning in his grave.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Enough with the negative polls already. How about a poll for BEST TV show film adaptation?
    Are there any?

That said, I haven't seen most of these -- some of them I still want to (I need to see Lost in Space, and I definitely need to see Rocky and Bullwinkle -- c'mon, that's gotta be pretty campy, no?), but some of them I heard stank (Starsky & Hutch, Dukes of Hazard, Scooby Do, etc.).

Wasn't Airwolf just a remake of Nightrider with Kit as a plane with less personality, anyway?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Wasn't Airwolf just a remake of Nightrider with Kit as a plane with less personality, anyway?
    Aren't they all Americanized rip-offs of James Bond with a cool toy?
    Anyone remember Viper?

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Well speaking of James Bond rip offs I wonder why "Man from U.N.C.L.E." has never been ripped off into a movie (or maybe I missed it.) Anyone remember the fake plastic finger toy you could buy that shot darts.......

Any way my vote was for Wild West because, like Troy, I had such great childhood memories of that show. As good as he is in other movies-Will Smith just was not as cool as Robert Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    More like a ripoff of Blue Thunder. The movie came out first and did well enough at the box office to spinoff the TV series, which premiered a year later. The TV series though was a ratings flop and got cancelled midseason. IIRC, Airwolf was a midseason replacement that premiered not long after Blue Thunder got cancelled. I guess the series was already too far along in development to pull the plug before it went on the air. Since it survived three seasons, I guess Airwolf fared better in the ratings.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I wanted to humor you on this one, but a cursory search of IMDb to jog some memories came up with pretty discouraging results. It seems like the modest successes in TV-to-film adaptations fall into one of two categories-- either productions that come close on the heels of the TV show and feature heavy involvement of the same creative forces (Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy, the Naked Gun movies, Borat), or are based on television programs that are themselves based on something from another medium (mostly superhero comics). The only one that I can think of off of the top of my head that doesn't fit either of those criteria is Traffic, and that's kind of cheating as Traffik was only a miniseries.

-Coop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information