Forum Regular

Help W.my TV issue

My orignal post

I hope this is the correct place for this question.

Hi all, my TV is starting to act up in a weird way. I have a green blob in the bottom right hand corner (kinda like old CRT's with unshielded speakers next to the screen). During white scenes the white appears the have a greenish blue tint to it.
    This TV is only a few months old and does have the after market warranty. It happens with all video sources as well. Anyone know what the problem can be?

Turns out the problem is the light engine has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

My question is,

Well the place I bought my TV from is giving me the option for a TV replacement. Same TV or a new one at the same value. I paid roughly 2k for my TV. Should I stay with this unit? If not, what would you all recommend as a replacement? Thanks for all who has contributed to my post,
    Don

Do you like the Mits? Have you researched how prevalent the problem is? Optical issues rear their ugly heads with many sets from time to time. Unless a particular model shows a tendency in that direction, prediction isn't possible. Unless we know a little more about your preferences/circumstances and whether other technologies or models meet them better than your current TV, we can't really recommend anything.

Thread Information