View Poll Results: Most Overaated/Overpaid Actor out now.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harrison (Mumbles) Ford - When's the last time he did sumthin' good?

0 0%
  • Tom (Handyman) Hanks - Does Mr. Nicey NIce make you sick?

2 11.11%
  • Keanu Reeves - This one's almost too easy.

2 11.11%
  • Tom (Da Jaw Clencher) Cruise - My personal fave for short, lucky dumb bastard

3 16.67%
  • Sylvester Stallone - I swear it's like shootin' fish in a barrell

0 0%
  • Any Baldwin You Want - Hey, I got's 10 slots to fill!

0 0%
  • Ben Affleck - God it just can't get any easier!!!

8 44.44%
  • Matt Damon - Please stop me before I kill again!!

0 0%
  • Martin Lawrence - Pretty bizarre if you ask me.

0 0%
  • Owen Wilson - Getta nose job will ya?

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most Overated/Most Overpaid Actor

Semi-annual thread here. Who are you constantly amazed by. And I don't mean amazed by the dept and breadth of their wor either. I mean amazed that the sorry muthaf**ker still draw a pay check amazed. Let's vote.

Well I would say tom cruise, but he got disowned by paramount... But I must say hands down worste actress goes to Paris Hilton...
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Psst.. Hey bud... C'mere..

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Well I would say tom cruise, but he got disowned by paramount... But I must say hands down worste actress goes to Paris Hilton...
    Shhhh be vewy quiet.... We're only doing ACTORS!!!!!!! LOL!

We'll do the frail's another day.

Da Worfster

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Kevin Costner all the way

Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Kevin Costner all the way
    He's not made much lately... But i think I just missed him.

Da Worfster

Well, my first thought was Richard Gere. But after reading though your choices, I find myself in a quandary. Who should get my pick for top looser with $mil+ for a paycheck? Dang it Worf! These are all losers IMO. Eeni, meeny miny....whoa!

Edit: OK, thought it over. Had to go with Keanu Reeves. He made a much better stoner way back when, than he does an action star.
    Last edited by GMichael; 02-14-2007 at 10:42 AM.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well since im not aloud to claim Paris Hilton as a dude, I guess i will just have to pass the crown on to Ben Assfleck. My mind hurts just trying to think of a decent movie he was in since Dogma (which still wasn't a steller performance, its just a really humerous movie). All he can really do is be famous for matching his name with his girl friends, Bennifer how cute...Come on how can you be considered an actor when your claim to fame is dating a singer/bad actress with an oversized rear-end. I would go on, but im starting to pissed off, and still early in the day and i don't feel like being miserable for the rest of it.

So ben Assfleck gets my vote for the waste of a paycheck.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Will there be a separate poll for actresses? 'Cause the first thought in my mind was Julia Roberts. But if I have to go with one of your choices...I picked Keanu. Can't think of one movie that I liked him in. All of the others, I could probably find an honourable mention for.

Errrr...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Will there be a separate poll for actresses? 'Cause the first thought in my mind was Julia Roberts. But if I have to go with one of your choices...I picked Keanu. Can't think of one movie that I liked him in. All of the others, I could probably find an honourable mention for.
    Read the THIRD post please.. .and CLEAN YOUR GLASSES!!!.

LOL, Yeth there will be a separate and equal poll of acresses, I made need some help though. So keep nominatin em to me so's I'll be ready in a week or so.

Da Worfster

Hey, your first thought and my first thought could team up and make a completely forgettable movie. Oh wait! It's too late.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    :

LOL, Yeth there will be a separate and equal poll of acresses, I made need some help though. So keep nominatin em to me so's I'll be ready in a week or so.

Da Worfster
    Britney frickin' Spears. nuf said.

Read the THIRD post please.. .and CLEAN YOUR GLASSES!!!.

Da Worfster
    So "frails" is actresses? Is that what you're telling me? I didn't know that. I plea ignorance your honour.

If you're looking for suggestions, don't forget to include Jennifer Aniston.

Oh woman...

So "frails" is actresses? Is that what you're telling me? I didn't know that. I plea ignorance your honour.

If you're looking for suggestions, don't forget to include Jennifer Aniston.
    You know that "ignorance of the law is NO excuse"!!!! Off with her head!!! Her Head I say!!!! LOL Yeth M'dear "frail" is '30's slang for a woman. And Jennifer Anniston is duly noted.

Da Worfster

Stop please...

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Well since im not aloud to claim Paris Hilton as a dude, I guess i will just have to pass the crown on to Ben Assfleck. My mind hurts just trying to think of a decent movie he was in since Dogma (which still wasn't a steller performance, its just a really humerous movie). All he can really do is be famous for matching his name with his girl friends, Bennifer how cute...Come on how can you be considered an actor when your claim to fame is dating a singer/bad actress with an oversized rear-end. I would go on, but im starting to pissed off, and still early in the day and i don't feel like being miserable for the rest of it.

So ben Assfleck gets my vote for the waste of a paycheck.
    Your post is too funny, I'm dyin' here at work.

Da Worfster

"frail" is '30's slang for a woman.

Da Worfster
    I'm obviously A LOT younger than you are.

Ben Affleck was my choice, tho I could have easily picked several otters. Pearl Harbor, man, Pearl Harbor.

Whenever I hear Matt Damon's name I think of Team America where his puppet always says "I'm Matt Daaaaaamon." in a slightly retarded way.

Alec Baldwin? Hello? Wasn't he great in Departed? Glenn Garry, Glenn Ross? He cancels out his douchebag brothers.

Hanks? He deserved those Oscars®.

I don't hate Cruise or Reeves as much as most people seem to. I can think of several movies from each that were pretty solid performances. And I don't watch chat shows or pay attention to the celebrity worship circuit, so I don't give 2 sh!ts about Cruise's weirdnesses. Everybody in Hollywood is a religious nut or has a gerbil in his butt.

Gee, I like Owen Wilson, tho I think he's getting too much exposure now. He was GREAT in "Bottlerocket."

Costner WAS in a terrible movie this year about Coast Guardsmen, so he IS still working. He's horrifyingly awful in EVERYTHING he does. I can't understand how he continues to be a box office draw / get work.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Affleck and Reeves arguably shouldn't be there - don't think they make as much as some of the others, and I'm pretty sure few people "overrate" them. Terrible, yes, overrated and overpaid? Arguable.

Cruise get's my nod - he's been in a few good movies, but I find his range extremely limited.

Stallone's not all that great, either though, but are you ever as disappointed leaving a Stallone movie as you are leaving a Cruise movie? Only if you expect Rambo 8 to be picture of the year.

Samuel L Jackson deserves a nomination, that guy's prostituted himself to some pretty terrible roles lately...Can't think of any role since "The Negotiator" that I liked...maybe "Coach Carter"...and if we give him a nod, Bruce Willis deserves one too.

Oh, and Ashton f'n Kutcher or whatever his name is - that guy is aweful!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I remember when George Clooney used to be a regular in these polls, but my vote always went to uni-character actor Tom Cruise.

The one guy who gets on my nerves lately is the guy from CSI-Miami and I don't even watch the show or remember his name. (Anybody else think he's a little pale for Miami?) I remember when he left a cop show to become a movie stahhh a long time ago. He's the only thing about King of New York that bugs me.

Damon kinda redeemed himself with me in the Bourne movies and Stuck on You. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine a more boring actor (see The Rainmaker - the only Grisham novel I ever liked), except for maybe Assfleck.

Owen Wilson is still riding his performances in Bottlerocket (as previously mentioned) and Zoolander with me, but he's getting close to being played out. What bothers me is I think Vince Vaughn is already there. (That relationship movie he did with Jennifer Anniston sucked.)

So, who am I picking from the list? I can't go wrong with my old stand-by Tom Cruise.

Ben Affleck all the way!

Harrison Ford has definitely been bombing lately...however, he still has a few of the greatest films ever made attached to his name APOCALYPSE NOW and BLADE RUNNER, but has not been able to come back on top in the past decade.

Tom Hanks proved in the 90's that he could do a great movie each year until he did CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and THE LADYKILLERS remake.

Keanu Reeves is certainly a terrible actor, but he's not overrated because everyone rates him pretty low.

Tom Cruise has unfortunately been in 4 movies that I absolutely love...EYES WIDE SHUT, MAGNOLIA, COLOR OF MONEY, and THE LAST SAMURAI.

Stallone is certainly a good candidate though, but I think Affleck is worse if that's even possible.

I enjoy the Baldwins when they come out to play.

Matt Damon redeems himself now and again and has done some more fitting roles.

Martin Lawrence is not really overrated for the same reason as Reeves...no one takes either of them serious enough to rate them high to begin with.

Owen Wilson I enjoy.

I could't make a choice, for the reason, I didn't know most of the list was even rated!!!!!

Ford, Hanks and Cruise have their niche in the biz and the rest is just a spit in the wind(just make sure your upwind).
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

No Tim Allen? Whatta hell?

I was hoping to see Dan Aykroyd, but I'm glad he aint getting squat lately.

Most under-rated? Please look to the left of this post. 'nuff said

Jay da Ra

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Where is Tom Arnold?

That said, I'd go with Cruise -- don't hate him, I just think he ruined Eyes Wide Shut -- I can imagine pretty much anyone else doing that role with more gravity, no wonder it took him forever to film.

Reaves was perfect in Johnny Mnemonic. "Agh, my head, it can't hold it all!..."

FA -- what about The Matrix?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular

foul!

I think that the majority of those guys are great when paired with the right material. I'd rather see a poll for most misused actor... whenever you've got a marketing department making a casting decision, that's when you get the truly cringe-worthy performances.

I won't go into too much detail defending the names you list aside from saying that a couple of them turned in some of my favorite recent performances. Damon was terrific in The Departed (truth to be told, I think he's always solid; that guy never seems to phone it in), Keanu Reeves did great work in both A Scanner Darkly and The Lake House, and Alec Baldwin was perfectly cast in Running With Scissors (and good in The Departed as well).

-Coop

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I hate Tom Hanks so much I can't rationally discuss it.

Affleck can't even take himself seriously (see JAY AND SILENT BOB) making fun of that so-called New England accent he attempted in GOOD WILL HUNTING. Affleck also destroyed DAREDEVIL and MINORITY REPORT 2, also known as PAYCHECK. Let's not also be so quick to forget a film called GIGLI, or rather let's try to forget it even faster than it hit video. Talk about a gimmick film to exploit a relationship. Then he did a few other terrible films early in the 2000's such as SUM OF ALL FEARS and BOUNCE. PEARL HARBOR was so-so. Need I say more?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information