I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Quick Poll for "The Game"

Since many here will probably be using their HT set ups to watch the Super Bowl today
    I thought I would go off topic here and ask for everyone's predictions.

I have been a long suffering Colt's fan going back to when we lived in Baltimore in 65-66. ( I blame Bob Irsay not the team for the whole move mess)

I am going out on a limb and predicting a 31-17 Colts victory. (Colts score early forcing the Bears to stop running the ball and put it on Rex's shaky shoulders)

However I am scared to death of the Chicago defense and the fact the last time a Colt team was favored in the Super Bowl we choked like dogs.....

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    i honestly couldn't care less about the game, i'm just having a friend or a few over and we're gonna eat, watch the ads and laugh.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'm betting on the Colts to win, but Chicago to cover the 7 point spread. Don't think Chicago is getting any respect at all. They have a good team, but Vinatieri + Manning = Colts win.

My first time hosting a Superbowl party - 4 kinds of Nachos and dips, 3 chili's and a moose stew should keep things interesting..

As a non football fan the i could care less about the game, its more about the superbowl party for myself, but if i must pick a winner im betting on the colts to win as well.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I'm betting on the Colts to win, but Chicago to cover the 7 point spread. Don't think Chicago is getting any respect at all. They have a good team, but Vinatieri + Manning = Colts win.

My first time hosting a Superbowl party - 4 kinds of Nachos and dips, 3 chili's and a moose stew should keep things interesting..
    Thanks all for your support of the Colts I think we will need it.
    Not familiar with Moose stew but I have made a mean Tofu chilli. (My daughter is a vegetarian)

Well not much of a poll but I came pretty da*& close with my prediction.......

Errrr

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Well not much of a poll but I came pretty da*& close with my prediction.......
    Ladies and Gentlemen Karnak the Magnificent!!! Good on ya. Prince was da chit though.

Da Worfster

Close on the score, but it was Da Bears who scored early. I had to route for our QB's big bro. My wife thinks he's "the cutest."
    I was afraid that the Bears defense would score a few points.
    All and all I enjoyed the game even though no one could hold on to the ball. Have there ever been back to back turnovers in the SB before? Twice?

Sorry Worf, not a big Princes fan here, and saw nothing to change my mind last night.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

The Game was The Bore. I only watched the second half (working on my car all day, priorities ya know ), but all I could think about was all the poor shleps that forked over huge cash to get drenched in the rain and watch one of the sloppiest, most poorly played SuperBowls ever.

I'll stick to college ball. The commericals aren't as good, but the games are better.

Congrats to Indy. Dungy is a class act and after what happened to his son, he definitely deserved this win.

Thread Information