Thread: 42" Plasma

Forum Regular

42" Plasma

Guys I just got a 42" plasma screen. When I view DVD's the picture is perfect but when I'm useing the tuner for the sattelite the picture can be a bit fuzzy at times and the color from channel to channel can change. Is this normal or should I continue to play with the settings??
    Thank you to all that respond

If you're not having problems with the picture quality on the DVD input, then you're in good shape - the TV can be safely ruled out as the cause of the fuzziness/irregularities. It's more than likely the quality of the satellite transmission thats affecting the picture. Signal strength varies from source to source and per channel, and many outside factors such as weather conditions and location can affect satellite reception as well. I wouldn't worry at all.

You might alos be running into problems with either a connection between your sat and tv, and you may also be having problems with your actual box itself. I had a similiar problem when i upgraded TV's with my digital cable box, and just by replacing the box, the problem was solved.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

I have a Panasonic 600U with Dish as a source. The picture quality I get even with low def programs is very good. DVD and hi def is spectacular. So, for the most part, I would agree with the posts above in that your panel is not the source of your problem.

Although you don't mention what kind of picture quality you are getting with a hi def source from the satellite. How about that? I think it is a little odd too that you are getting the color shift between channels. I have none of that and I would consider it abnormal. I never had that as a problem even when I was using a CRT. Color has always been consistant on broadcast and across the Dish.

Forum Regular
    I have a 4 yr old sat reciever hooked up with coaxial cable. So quite possibly its the reciever and the cable

What coax? RG59 or RG6? How do you connect to the TV? Coax as well? If your receiver, and possibly your dish, are not capable of receiving HD, then yes, you will need to replace those.

If you are running coax to the TV, get rid of that and connect with component or HDMI. If you are running RG59 from the dish, you need to replace that with RG6.

Forum Regular
    First of all you guys and this site are awsome. I have RG6 cable from dish to reciever and then to TV. No high def stuff and that is my problem. I will be getting new stuff

Thread Information