Thread: Blurring issue

Blurring issue

My Mits starting getting a blurring problem while I was watching the playoff games this weekend. I thonght it was the cable signal at first on that station, but I turned over the next game and the same thing was happening. Its not a consistant blurr but it comes and goes. I verified the problem by play a DVD and got same type of action.

Is this a lens adjustment issue, I've had the RPTV Mits WS55805 for about 6 six years now. I did the convergence re-setting to see if that would help, but no luck. When it happens is as if something was causing some type of signal interrupt, like a cell phone or non-sheilded speaker.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Odd that you should mention it. I was watching CBS HD yesterday and noticed a few times that that the picture went out of focus. CBS' sports work is generally terrific (I prefer it to Fox's HD); these lapses were uncharacteristic. Also, at the start of the broadcast, during the talking heads' opening remarks in the booth, the format was incorrect, eventually flipping to the proper one. This error usually occurs after commercial breaks.

An intermittent blur wouldn't seem to implicate the lens. The power supply might be irregular--either in your home or the TV.

Thanks ED, the weather around here has been oddly cold for southern Ca, down in the 30.s and 40,s and there has been power issues. but when I put in the DVD and had same type results it made me a little scared. I will keep close taps on it. I also went over to Hometheater.com forum and saw that this type of issue does occur in the MIts line around the 4-6 year mark.

So I will keep my fingers cross, hoping it is a power issue and not the convergence chip going out.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

DIYaudiophilehack
    CBS sports has a known issue with image blurring. It is most obvious when watching NCAA hoops but is visible on the football games as well.. The effect reveals itself as if a poor windshield wiper were dragged across your field of vision, temporarily blurring the image, then the image slowly regains focus. Total time is a few seconds. Not sure how to explain seeing this over your DVD input though.

I was hoping it was a broadcast issue, but as I have been monitoring the problem it is on going over all channels and other input sources, But more than that its not consistant, at times the picture is clearm then it may blur and back to clear again. So I feel its the convergence chip issue.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information