Forum Regular

newby needs help

Hi: For X-mas I got a Denon AVR-2805 (7.1) receiver for the first piece to my theather room (I also have 61" Toshiba DLP) My theater room is 350Square feet, I need help with speakers..I like the price of the Athena's but am open to suggestions and REALLY need help picking a sub..(3-4 hundred dollar range) thanks

Hi Bob,

There are way too many good speakers out there for me to say to buy one over another. Your best bet is to get out and listen to as many as you can before you decide. Be patient. A few extra days of research now may add up you years of happiness later.
    As for subs, IMO, the best bang for your buck subs are from Parts Express. The kits are cake to put together. They are mostly done when you get them. A wire here, a screw there and bang, they're done. These two are about in your range.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-762

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-760
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

what is the price on the Athena's? we can point you to similar prices speakers ;o)

x2 on the titantic kits ;o)
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Thread Information