DPM

Any Bryston owners here?

I have a question regarding the Bryston SP2 prepro. I currently have one on loan from the local dealer, but the remote doesn't work. The dealer has ordered another one, but it won't get here before I have to make up my mind whether or not to purchase this unit. Anyway, I can't seem to get the SP2 to retain the speaker configuration settings I enter from the buttons on the front panel. Do you have to use the remote to get the SP2 to SAVE all settings during initial setup?

I own Bryston. I use three Bryston power amps in my system, but I drive them with a Krell processor. I never got to listen to the Bryston because I was so knocked out by the Krell I bought it. I do love the Bryston amps though.

It doesn't sound like the SP2 is making much of a first impression.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    I have a question regarding the Bryston SP2 prepro. I currently have one on loan from the local dealer, but the remote doesn't work. The dealer has ordered another one, but it won't get here before I have to make up my mind whether or not to purchase this unit. Anyway, I can't seem to get the SP2 to retain the speaker configuration settings I enter from the buttons on the front panel. Do you have to use the remote to get the SP2 to SAVE all settings during initial setup?
    I have an SP1 and have no problem saving my config. I don't use the remote. I select the speaker size (Large in my case), and when I am done, I select the "X" to go back to the previous menu. Things seem to save for me.

Grnat

Thread Information