Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Any "Dexter" fans here?

I just spent the last 3 days watching Season 1 via On-Demand cable. Wow, what a show.
    I think this is a Showtime series (TMN in Canada), and boy is it ever creepy. A nice-guy psycho-serial killer who only kills killers. Brilliant! This is my kind of super hero.

"Orphaned at the age of four and harboring a traumatic secret, Dexter is adopted by a police officer who recognizes Dexter’s homicidal tendencies. In stead of resenting Dexter, his adopted father guides his son to channel his gruesome passion for human vivisection in a constructive way - by killing those heinous perpetrators that are above the law or who have slipped through the cracks of justice. A respected member of the police force, a perfect gentleman and a man with a soft spot for children, it's hard not to like Dexter. Although his drive to kill is unflinching, he struggles to emulate normal emotions he doesn't feel, and to keep up his appearance as a caring, socially responsible human being.

Dexter is based on the compelling novel “Darkly Dreaming Dexter” by Jeff Lindsay, a South Florida native".

Forget Heroes, this gets my vote as best new series.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    No, but thanks for mentioning it, I will have to check it out -- sounds like my kinda thing.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Love that show. And, I rarely watch tv. Fantastic first season. I'm just hopng they can keep it up.

Thread Information