Well...Joan Jett can certainly still rock!

Saw Joan Jett last night along with Eagles of Death Metal and Throw Rag…great show.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone arouse more lust in an audience than Joan Jett. Men, women…hell, probably most farm animals want a piece of her. When she turned around and stuck her ass in the air and shook it, I think my friend who has had a hardcore crush on her since her Runaways days was just gonna pass out and my wife admitted that yes, she would indeed leave me from Joan Jett.

All that aside…Joan Jett can still put on a great rock ‘n’ roll show. She’s got a great catalog of energetic, and interactive, tunes that can just get a bar rocking. Toss in a few covers and some new material that really sounded like some of her best stuff in ages and which I’m looking forward to hearing on record, and you’ve got the ingredients for a wonderful drunken rock show. Great crowd mix of old punks, bikers, rednecks and dykes. Didn’t hurt that I can now say that I learned of the Cardinal's World Series victory from Ms Jett.

Eagles of Death Metal certainly cranked things up a few notches from hearing them on record…highly recommended live.

And, Throw rag was a band I hadn’t heard of, but that was a very nice surprise. They’ve got an old style hardcore vibe with a bit more polish. Hung out and chatted with the singer for a while and he said their last album has appearances by Lemmy from Motorhead as well as Jello Biafra and Keith Morris. Looking forward to getting a listen to that as well. Great guy too…said the just opened for the Pogues a while ago in Cali…so sounds like they’re getting some good gigs anyway.

Anyway...great show, but my ears are still clogged up…gonna just keep nursing a cup of tea and listening to some Isaac Hayes.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I saw Throw Rag open for Queens of the Stone Age. Meh -- I like a good show, but I just don't think I was their target audience (being mooned, etc.). Music was okay, when they were playing it.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Sounds like a different show from the one they put on here...no mooning and very little in the way of between song anything...just pretty much tore through the material. But, I'd say anyone without somewhat of an affinity for old hardcore stuff probably ain't gonna find much to like.

But, something I've been listening to today may indeed be more to your tastes. Have you heard the new Mouse on Mars yet? Experimental electronica with some very rough edges this tiem around. Really interesting stuff this time out from them.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    See, I think I would have liked that better. But you're right, maybe my lack of experience with the genre, albeit not complete, added to the distraction.

Yeah! You mean, Varcharz? Easily the most experimental thing they've put out. (I'm a huge MoM fan.) This one is going to take a few listens to ingest.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information