Forum Regular

Denon AVR 3805 and Polk Audio LSi9 ?

Does anyone know if that set up would work? My concern is that the AMP has enough to get all the sound quality out of those speakers.

Thanks.

Forum Regular
    there's really no reason why it shouldn't work; the real question is weather you like the sound or not--only you can answer that. If i had to do it with Polk speakers i'd use the LSi15 or 25

Forum Regular
    I'd like to use towers but my set up won't fit them and it's a compromise I had to make with the wife. my concern is that the speakers are rated at 4 ohms and the amp isn't (I don't think) but the watts per channel is enough. Is there a separate amp that could be used in conjunction with the denon to provide the extra power should I need it?

Quote Originally Posted by tirbine
    I'd like to use towers but my set up won't fit them and it's a compromise I had to make with the wife. my concern is that the speakers are rated at 4 ohms and the amp isn't (I don't think) but the watts per channel is enough. Is there a separate amp that could be used in conjunction with the denon to provide the extra power should I need it?
    No need for a second amp for those speakers, IMO. The 3805 will have *plenty* of juice to power those Polks.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

nightflier
    I agree with drseid. I've driven LSi9's with an Onkyo TX-SR601 (also not rated for 4ohm) and it was fine. You may need to turn the volume up a bit higher, but otherwise, you should be fine. If you really feel you need some extra juice, just use the receiver's preamp outs to drive an external amp like the Outlaw 7200 or the 7500 (or a pair of M2200, if you're just using stereo), but I doubt you'll need it. I mentioned Outlaw because they are an excellent value, but there are many other options.

Thread Information