"Home Theater Revolution" on Discover HD

Don't know if any of you have caught this show on Discover HD, but it was pretty interesting. It follows the consultation and installation of a dedicated HT room by "Theo Kalomirakis...the world's foremost home theater architect and designer." (their words, not mine). The show centers around an install into a modest tract home, but it does show some of his more outrageous installs, including a $1m room he did.

Personally, I was completely underwhelmed by his choice of equipment, especially considering the $15K price tag, although the install itself was interesting to watch. Installing an extra layer of sheetrock between the HT and the ajoining bedroom was a great idea (one that could have been made better with some Dynamat as well IMO).

Check it out if you get a chance. There are certainly worse ways to waste an hour...like watching the Raiders "play" (I'm using that term loosely. Watch 'em. You'll see.)

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Don't know if any of you have caught this show on Discover HD, but it was pretty interesting. It follows the consultation and installation of a dedicated HT room by "Theo Kalomirakis...the world's foremost home theater architect and designer." (their words, not mine). The show centers around an install into a modest tract home, but it does show some of his more outrageous installs, including a $1m room he did.

Personally, I was completely underwhelmed by his choice of equipment, especially considering the $15K price tag, although the install itself was interesting to watch. Installing an extra layer of sheetrock between the HT and the ajoining bedroom was a great idea (one that could have been made better with some Dynamat as well IMO).

Check it out if you get a chance. There are certainly worse ways to waste an hour...like watching the Raiders "play" (I'm using that term loosely. Watch 'em. You'll see.)
    Did they install Bose?

When I was in Epcot we saw an exhibit called, "The Ultimate Home Theater Experience." It was all Bose for the audio.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

There are certainly worse ways to waste an hour...like watching the Raiders "play"
    Ouch! .........

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Did they install Bose?

When I was in Epcot we saw an exhibit called, "The Ultimate Home Theater Experience." It was all Bose for the audio.
    Disneyland has the same thing. It's amazing how good something can sound when you don't know what good sound is.

This guy installed a brand I've never heard of. They were wall mounted line arrays comprising what looked to be aluminum or CCMD drivers. Picture DefTech's Mythos, but not nearly as good looking, and you get the idea. Music reproduction was never a consideration, which is surprising considering the client is the Grammy award winning producer of Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company (a reference quality recording BTW).

As for Da Rayduhs...let's be honest here: They Suck. I've been a fan since the days of the Mad Bomber and this year's squad is as hopless as those helmed by Billy Jo Hobert. Yes, they are that bad.

Thank God for 'SC and college football!!!

As for Da Rayduhs...let's be honest here: They Suck. I've been a fan since the days of the Mad Bomber and this year's squad is as hopless as those helmed by Billy Jo Hobert. Yes, they are that bad. :
    I'm hoping for at least 8 wins this season. Yeah these first two games were bad.....really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I'm hoping for at least 8 wins this season. Yeah these first two games were bad.....really bad.
    Hello, my name is Michael. I am a NY Giant fan. I started watching in 1964. Here were their records then.
    2-10
    7-7
    1-12-1
    7-7
    7-7
    6-8
    9-5 Oh, a good year!
    4-10
    8-6 another good season
    2-11-1
    2-12
    5-9
    3-11
    5-9
    6-10
    6-10
    4-12
    9-7 yeah
    4-5 the strike
    3-12-1

Good thing they had those pretty blue uniforms or I'd have watched another team.

I can feel your pain.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    There are certainly worse ways to waste an hour...like watching the Raiders "play" (I'm using that term loosely. Watch 'em. You'll see.)

Gone are are the Raiders from the days of yore (sigh). Ah, the memories...Lester Hayes and his stickum...the best Monday night record in the league cuz they'd finally sobered up from Saturday night's festivities...Good Times...

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hello, my name is Michael. I am a NY Giant fan. I started watching in 1964. Here were their records then.

I can feel your pain.
    i've been a bengal fan since i was kid and the ken anderson days. a few good years and then... a few playoffs, that superbowl with... 'the drive. grrrrr... and then that nice lil 15 year losing stretch. however, i have to say, its great not being a bandwagon fan, you really appreciate it a lot more when the team finally wins.
    /create

Thread Information