Thread: Dual CS 505-2

Forum Regular

Dual CS 505-2

Hi everyone I'm looking for some opinions on a Dual CS 505-2 that I recently purchased at a yard sale. It looked so good that I didnt even plug it in to try. Barely a scratch on the dust cover.Anyhow it does not work and before I spend money on it I was wondering how good these tables are rated. I own a Kenwood KD 2055 and find that to be pretty good but Im not up on all the different models. I also tracked down a service manual for a CS 505-1 available for purchase. Would this be the same as the CS 505-2 if I decide to repair it? Any opinions would be appreciated
    Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimf
    Hi everyone I'm looking for some opinions on a Dual CS 505-2 that I recently purchased at a yard sale. It looked so good that I didnt even plug it in to try. Barely a scratch on the dust cover.Anyhow it does not work and before I spend money on it I was wondering how good these tables are rated. I own a Kenwood KD 2055 and find that to be pretty good but Im not up on all the different models. I also tracked down a service manual for a CS 505-1 available for purchase. Would this be the same as the CS 505-2 if I decide to repair it? Any opinions would be appreciated
    Thanks Jim
    I have'nt seen that TT mentioned at any of the vintage sites I cruise, but that dosn't
    mean its junk. What will it cost to get running? If it's reasonable, I say go for it.
    Do a search and see it's history. For vintage TT's, Garard/Pioneer/Technics were
    and still are highly sought after. Mount it on a dedicated stand, with plenty of
    anti-vibration, and start spinnin. FYI, Dual made killer cassette decks back in the day.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Forum Regular
    Thanks for your input. I checked e-bay and they are going for cheap so I guess Ill just take my time repairing it and stick with my Kenwood for now.

Thread Information