Cool Good DVD review sites?

Hey guys, need your help

I was wondering if you all know good DVD movie sites where they not only review DVD for quality of movie, but they also rate the video (color, clarity, sharp, etc..) and audio quality of DVD.

I know this sites such as DVDtown.com (example below) where the reviewer also comments on video and audio quality of DVD....

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/termin...96e4e0ae9f4f8c

Do you know any other DVD review sites such as this?

Thanks.

I usually venture over to The Digital Bits and DVD Talk for reviews and news. The Digital Bits is probably my favorite site for keeping up with DVD releases and getting a good idea of whether a specific DVD release is worth buying. Their reviews are fairly thorough and consistent, and they have expert guest columnists like renowned film restortationist Robert Harris writing for them. But, because they use a limited number of reviewers, they don't cover a large number of the available releases.

DVD Talk uses a large group of reviewers and will cover just about all of the new releases, but the quality of the reviews will vary, especially the assessments of the movies themselves. DVD Talk though does have section written by Glenn Erickson (the self-proclaimed DVD Savant) who writes some great reviews for classic movie re-releases, once you get over his annoying habit of self-promotion and name-dropping.

I also used to frequently go over to DVD File, but ever since their founder left that site, it doeesn't get updated nearly as often and the most recent reviews don't go into quite as much detail as before. But, since you don't buy DVDs until they hit the $5 bins, this might be a great site for you since you're not looking for anything new.

Other major review sites are listed on the DVD FAQ.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 08-26-2006 at 02:31 PM.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

www.fulvuedrive-in.com

no sponsors, strictly a non-profit site. Also, more HD format reviews than anyone else, plus CD reviews, SACD reviews, etc.

Also www.dvdbeaver.com is a great resource that compares various region DVDs.

www.fulvuedrive-in.com

no sponsors, strictly a non-profit site. Also, more HD format reviews than anyone else, plus CD reviews, SACD reviews, etc.

Also www.dvdbeaver.com is a great resource that compares various region DVDs.

Thanks guys for DVD review links. It probably take me a week to go thru all of links.

I don’t know if it is only me or not, but if movie doesn’t have good quality picture transfer, it takes away the full enjoyment of movie. Even some new releases suffer from that shortcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    IBut, since you don't buy DVDs until they hit the $5 bins, this might be a great site for you since you're not looking for anything new.
    May be I should become the official Walmart’s bin movie reviewer LOL

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    I usually venture over to The Digital Bits and DVD Talk for reviews and news. The Digital Bits is probably my favorite site for keeping up with DVD releases and getting a good idea of whether a specific DVD release is worth buying. Their reviews are fairly thorough and consistent, and they have expert guest columnists like renowned film restortationist Robert Harris writing for them. But, because they use a limited number of reviewers, they don't cover a large number of the available releases.

DVD Talk uses a large group of reviewers and will cover just about all of the new releases, but the quality of the reviews will vary, especially the assessments of the movies themselves. DVD Talk though does have section written by Glenn Erickson (the self-proclaimed DVD Savant) who writes some great reviews for classic movie re-releases, once you get over his annoying habit of self-promotion and name-dropping.

I also used to frequently go over to DVD File, but ever since their founder left that site, it doeesn't get updated nearly as often and the most recent reviews don't go into quite as much detail as before. But, since you don't buy DVDs until they hit the $5 bins, this might be a great site for you since you're not looking for anything new.

Other major review sites are listed on the DVD FAQ.
    I pretty much use those sites as well, TheDigitalBits and DVDfile.com... and I am signed up for the DVD Talk newsletters...

I usually buy movies blindly, i.e. that I have not seen in theatres so between these three sites, it gives me an idea on what to buy

Thread Information