Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Guy walks into...

...a forum...says use English please...Mr. Munster says "Why? We are the world you know, it's global now, you own nothing!...and besides nothing that was said was any different than what has already been said about HIM...and if HE had HIS way, we'd all be listening to hurdy-gurdies cuz nothin's happened for 75 years according to HIM...and HE is ignorant you know..."

So HE/HIM responded: People who speak in tongues in the presence of those who don't, are rude and insulting...so if you don't like the rules, don't let the forum door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

HE/HIM continued, nearly apologetically: I spoke in tongues once, but I provided a Captain Marvel decoder ring to all near and far so they could be in on the great mystery...and the only reason I spoke in such a manner was to remove the last bastion of the weasel's refuge when he squeaked "I don't squeak the way you do"...as they all do when confronted with undeniable truths that they wish would disappear...HE/HIM then went on to explain the weasel words so that all would be revealed, leaving no one feeling slighted or unenlightened.

HE/HIM thought for a moment as if to conjure up HIS past words and began: The only thing really new under the sun was the audio tape recorder...those big black disks with their wiggles and squiggles are old and tired and are being put away...and those funny-looking lightbulbs are old too, even though some will still use them to heat their cheese sammiches...

HE/HIM quieted the crowd, now thrilled with the thought of a nice warmed cheese sammich, perhaps some crisps and spoke again: Mr. Munster, don't waste these hungry folks' time...allow me to invite you outside if you wish to continue in your ways, I will respond in kind...

And the cheese flowed throughout the land and a distinct crunch could be heard in some quarters.

jimHJJ(...the end...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

You must be a lot of fun at parties. It's like Shakespeare mixed with Gallagher and George Carlin.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I haven't had lunch yet. I suddenly have a craving for a grilled cheese sandwich...I hope we have ketchup.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    What in the blue hell is this thread about?

Dare I say?...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    What in the blue hell is this thread about?
    ...the aftermath of audiophile fuses...on sale now in another department...

jimHJJ(...it's long and involved...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Ahh...anyone selling a used copy of the Cliffs Notes version (Coles Notes for you Canadians from whom we stole them)???

Well...

Ahh...anyone selling a used copy of the Cliffs Notes version (Coles Notes for you Canadians from whom we stole them)???
    ...you could pick it up after your Jaegermeister post...one of my posts got edited and this is the result...nice and warm and fuzzy, like a fairy-tale...

jimHJJ(...sorta' like Gullible's Travels...)

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Question;

Grilled Munster cheese sandwich?

Answer;

It's what RL want's for dinner.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Grilled Munster cheese sandwich?

Answer;

It's what RL want's for dinner.
    Ps. He's finally in the right diner.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Can I get a slice of tomato on mine?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Do try to...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Ps. He's finally in the right diner.
    ...remember, I didn't ask to see the menu, someone shoved it in my face...

jimHJJ(...and I'm not fond of that...)

Forum Regular

Now, that was interesting use of the language...

...and I'm sitting here trying to imagine a toaster oven heated by vacuum tubes. What do you think, pentode or triode? 300B or 2A3?? My choice would be a bank of slide projector lamps...

BTW, why is this thread in the Steel Cage??

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...a forum...says use English please...Mr. Munster says "Why? We are the world you know, it's global now, you own nothing!...and besides nothing that was said was any different than what has already been said about HIM...and if HE had HIS way, we'd all be listening to hurdy-gurdies cuz nothin's happened for 75 years according to HIM...and HE is ignorant you know..."

So HE/HIM responded: People who speak in tongues in the presence of those who don't, are rude and insulting...so if you don't like the rules, don't let the forum door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

HE/HIM continued, nearly apologetically: I spoke in tongues once, but I provided a Captain Marvel decoder ring to all near and far so they could be in on the great mystery...and the only reason I spoke in such a manner was to remove the last bastion of the weasel's refuge when he squeaked "I don't squeak the way you do"...as they all do when confronted with undeniable truths that they wish would disappear...HE/HIM then went on to explain the weasel words so that all would be revealed, leaving no one feeling slighted or unenlightened.

HE/HIM thought for a moment as if to conjure up HIS past words and began: The only thing really new under the sun was the audio tape recorder...those big black disks with their wiggles and squiggles are old and tired and are being put away...and those funny-looking lightbulbs are old too, even though some will still use them to heat their cheese sammiches...

HE/HIM quieted the crowd, now thrilled with the thought of a nice warmed cheese sammich, perhaps some crisps and spoke again: Mr. Munster, don't waste these hungry folks' time...allow me to invite you outside if you wish to continue in your ways, I will respond in kind...

And the cheese flowed throughout the land and a distinct crunch could be heard in some quarters.

jimHJJ(...the end...)
    Here in Philly we have a Steak/Hoagie shop that has generated some national news attention by posting a sign requiring patrons to order in English. Frankly, I don't have a problem with that.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

I'm still waiting for the punch line to RL's joke...

Do countryman besides english speaking people get this?
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    No, we English speakers don't fully get this, either.

Laz

Because...

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    ...BTW, why is this thread in the Steel Cage??

Laz
    ...you can never tell what some folks will take exception to 'round here...you can post something in a less illusory fashion and the next minute poof! it's gone...

Some members of the sound-bite generation don't quite get it...

jimHJJ(...tsk...)

Wouldn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    ...expect you to...you always meet or exceed my expectations in that regard...

jimHJJ(...got any fuses on ya?...)

Thread Information