AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile india.arie = my new favorite!!

any other india.arie fans here? i just got her new 'testimony' cd from my friend/coworker at universal and it is SO hot. i can totally identify with her 'i am not my hair song' and just everything, the voice, the instrumentation and production, it's all so on point. if you have her cd (or past cds, or are just a fan) let me know!! and if you don't, u should check out at least the first single ('i am not my hair') at her myspace, www.myspace.com/indiaarie.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

...unless she's hot, in which case, "welcome to the forums!"
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

i kinda like india arie, my ex liked her a lot, but you have no credibility because you're a effing spammer and i am going to ban you in a minute.

Spam spam spam spam

Just for the sake of argument, my post count, and because this place is so dead anyway:

I'm not defending this newby or anyone else, but what makes this guy a spammer?
    He/she posts, "I like _____, here's a link to the song _____."

If I went over to Audio Karma and posted about a prog band I liked (they rarely, if ever, talk about prog over there) with a link to that band's songs, then I too, would be a spammer? hhmmm...

Like I said, I'm not really taking up arms for this poster, just curious as to why such a distinction would made about such a post when he isn't attacking anyone. It ain't like he's using up valuable bandwidth in a near-dead board like this.

I think going through the trouble to ban such a benign post is a tad extreme and un-necessary when that stupid deleted HOT: post sat on the front page for months.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I'm not defending this newby or anyone else, but what makes this guy a spammer?
    He/she posts, "I like _____, here's a link to the song _____."
    That, combined with the fact that that was their first post. They signed in just to tell us that this is their new favourite. So why didn't they sign in and tell us what their old favourite is? And banning was probably unnecessary, as they either (a) would not be back, or (b) would come back just to get defensive, and prove that they were spammers.

Yeah, every once in a while, a spammer will recommend a good artist. But even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information