Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

Citizenship Test

I just took a short 20 question citizenship test on MSNBC and I passed with a score of 85%. It was fun and I was glad I knew enough to become a citizen if I was not already one. The link is below if anyone else would like to try it. (kind of sounds like a spam message)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/?GT1=8211

I would also like to admit it was GMichael who taught me how to copy and paste. Thanks GM
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I just took a short 20 question citizenship test on MSNBC and I passed with a score of 85%. It was fun and I was glad I knew enough to become a citizen if I was not already one. The link is below if anyone else would like to try it. (kind of sounds like a spam message)

I would also like to admit it was GMichael who taught me how to copy and paste. Thanks GM
    Uht oh, send me back. I only got an 80. Don't tell my wife.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Santa Claus

I got 15 wrong,but more importantly I have to learn how to copy and paste.I was always wondering how to do that.I think I can take it from here,I mean how difficult can it be.

I got 95% or one question wrong. I thought the Declaration question was a trick, between "adoption" vs. written. Oh well. Otherwise, I would have gotten them all right.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I got 100%, but I did minor in history and went to law school. (Unfortunately, I don't spend much time on Constitutional Law in my practice.) I guessed on the form for applying for citizenship. Majoring in English helped me make an "educated" guess.

Thanks for posting this JM.

Mutant from table 9
    I got 100% too, but the test is bogus. I declare "Shenanigans" upon the test.

The constitution was not "written" in a single year of 1787. Rather, that was the year it was ratified. The First Consitutional Congress convened in 1774, almost two years before the Declaration of Independence. And the final congress, the one that ratified the Consitution, initially conveaned in 1781, two years before the end of the revolution and six before ratification.

Okay, maybe I'm nitpicking on the Constitution thing, but there is no excuse for the members of Congress question. There are not 435 members of Congress. Rather there are 535. Congress is comprised of both the House of Representatives (435) and the Senate (100). And that doesn't consider the non-voting reps from DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, ect. nor the Vice President as the senetorial tie breaker.

And don't get me started with the whole pilgrims bit about comming here for freedom of religion.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    I got 100% too, but the test is bogus. I declare "Shenanigans" upon the test.

The constitution was not "written" in a single year of 1787. Rather, that was the year it was ratified. The First Consitutional Congress convened in 1774, almost two years before the Declaration of Independence. And the final congress, the one that ratified the Consitution, initially conveaned in 1781, two years before the end of the revolution and six before ratification.

Okay, maybe I'm nitpicking on the Constitution thing, but there is no excuse for the members of Congress question. There are not 435 members of Congress. Rather there are 535. Congress is comprised of both the House of Representatives (435) and the Senate (100). And that doesn't consider the non-voting reps from DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, ect. nor the Vice President as the senetorial tie breaker.

And don't get me started with the whole pilgrims bit about comming here for freedom of religion.
    All good points! The question on the numbers in Congress does ask for the number of "representatives in Congress". Maybe "representatives" should have been capitalized?

I would think the "ratification" distinction would be an important one.

I've never taken a test in a secondary language. Hell, I don't speak a second language. This could be a consideration in devising questions to test basic knowledge. I'm not sure what grade level this test is on. That would be interesting to know.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

I think I'll stay in Canada

I got 50% correct...and most of those were just lucky guesses.

But to be fair, I'm Canadian, eh.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I also scored 85%

But how was I supposed to know what form is required to become a citizen!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

I've already passed a real citizenship test. I voluntarily served in the military during a war!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    You could go here. http://www.uscitizenship.info/?ad=adwords&keyword=ins

But I like this site better. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    We're not. but I just figured that "application" would do the job better than "permit."

cam
    I got 35%, but I'm Canadian.

Thread Information