Forum Regular

You Might Want to try this for Your Sub & Acoustic Questions

Well for my sub in my "closed in" bedroom, I repurchased the same Orb Audio Supereight Sub I use in the living room after discovering that the main acoustical problems I had with the sub in this closed in area were alleviated when I put heavy duty isolation pad coasters (which were cut up from the original isolation pads) underneath the legs. I also just bought for $50 frrom a company online called Aurelex which specializes in recording studios, a product called the Aurelex Subdude Isolation Riser www.truesoundcontrol.com/products/SUBDUDE.html which has helped with the sub sound going into the floor to my neighbors ceiling below. This is sitting above my Heavy Duty Isolation pad which is $125 at http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/p...ation/pads.asp
    If you have problems with people complaining about your sub, this will help but not all together solve your problems which I've been told is unsolvable.

My acoustic question is, pertaining to my CD sound which has improved with this sub in the bedroom. However, I can not get it to sound the same as in my open living room with the exact set up. Is there anything more I can do. I mean it sounds good but I want it to sound the same as my living room. Is this about as good as I can get in a closed in area or are there any possible tweaks?

What you are experiencing is the difference in the acoustic qualities of the rooms. There is nothing that you can do to make two completely different rooms sound the same.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    What you are experiencing is the difference in the acoustic qualities of the rooms. There is nothing that you can do to make two completely different rooms sound the same.
    Ed, read this response very carefully!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers