Thread: Tascam VL-S21

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Tascam VL-S21

Hey guys it's been a very long time since I posted but anyways I was woundering about this but I got the Tascam VL-S21 studio monitors a month agao and I think they sound good but I was woudering what you guys think about these monitors. I might soon instead of using the flat pannels I will get the orginal JBL Control 1's since I really like how they sound unlike the JBL Control 1X.

Heres an review from one person about the Tascam VL-S21.

http://www.creativemac.com/articles/...e.jsp?id=32305
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Hmmm!?! Planars?

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Hey guys it's been a very long time since I posted but anyways I was woundering about this but I got the Tascam VL-S21 studio monitors a month agao and I think they sound good but I was woudering what you guys think about these monitors. I might soon instead of using the flat pannels I will get the orginal JBL Control 1's since I really like how they sound unlike the JBL Control 1X.

Heres an review from one person about the Tascam VL-S21.

http://www.creativemac.com/articles/...e.jsp?id=32305
    SVI, I haven't heard them, but if they are planars, as they appear to be, I would certainly like to. The low power handling implies they are basically computer speakers, though.

If I were looking to replace my speakers, specifically for my HT/MC setup, I would look very seriously at self-powered monitors. There are quite a few available, mostly from manufacturers cantering to the profession/semi-pro market, such as Tascam, M-Audio, Alesis, Behringer, and (on the high-end) Genelec.

Ice! Where you been!?!?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome back SVI. You have been missed. I have no advice on those speakers but wanted to let you know it was a pleasure to see a post from you.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information