Help with Receiver!!!!

Ok, my friend bought a Pioneer receiver about 6 months ago...it's the VSX-814...I think....something around that model number. Anyway, he is telling me that out of nowhere the unit does not turn on. The standby/on switch blinks blue LED all the time. Usually the blue LED comes on when the unit is running and orange LED for standby. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the problem? Has anyone had this happen ? He does not have a warranty for the item. I told him to try and factory reset the machine, which he tried....nothing. He also checked the two fuses inside...both in mint condition.

Any thoughts?

In general, pioneer stuff just doesn't last, i've got a big pioneer stereo from about 10 years ago, i'm not even going to get into how crappy the "faux separates" are...

but anyway on one tower, the tweeter and midrange don't work, and on the other, the tweeter doesn't work, so i've got 4 6inch woofers, and one midrange, lol

very bass heavy, well, not really cause the cones are so stiff they barely move!

Forum Regular
    Sounds like a trip to the shop.More info would be needed,like did the blue light come on when he tried to turn it on,was it left on and just does not work,was it played loud alot and what was it driving and are there any strange smells.Is he using the remote to turn it on or the button on the front.Believeit or not i had a buddy with the same problem,turns out he was only using the remote and the batteries had died.

bill

From what I understand he looked at it one morning and the blue LED was blinking. He does not play it very loud nor should his speakers be the problem. I checked his connections and everything is secure. He tried using both the remote and the front console and nothing. We tried unplugging it and such....sounds like the unit is in SAFE mode or something. No strange smells and everything looks good inside. Strange.

Thread Information