Forum Regular

How should I connect sub driver to amp?

I've almost completed the box, and I was looking at the driver (Dayton Quatro 15") and the amp (PE 240W plate amp) and I began wondering how others have done it. Is speaker wire the right choice? If so, can I just connect it to the driver with the spring clips, or will the connection eventually be compromised because of vibration? This is my first speaker project, so sorry for sounding clueless.

Thx!
    traut

All you need to do is connect the speaker wires , which are already on the plate amp (normaly) to the driver speaker posts. If they are well attached the vibrations should not cause you any trouble.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    There are two leads, coloured red and black, coming from the plate amp if you have one...use those. If using a mono or stereo amp, speaker wire is fine...16 gauge.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    There are two leads, coloured red and black, coming from the plate amp if you have one...use those. If using a mono or stereo amp, speaker wire is fine...16 gauge.
    yeah, I've got a plate amp. Do I have to strip the connectors off of the ends of the leads, or can I just jam 'em into the driver's spring connectors?

Thread Information