Thread: Denon 2805

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

Denon 2805

If i wanted to upgrade and stay with Denon i guess it would be a 3807? If i didnt want to go with Denon,what woulld be an upgrade from my 2805?
    Look & Listen

serious question.

What Denon do you have now?

What do you need in the new unit that your current unit lacks?

Shok,

I have the 2805 too. Not sure there's anything out there right now worth upgrading too. I was gonna upgrade too but it seems like a waste, since there's not too much to gain. Why not wait until the HD audio formats are all worked out and HDMI is fully up and running.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Shok,

I have the 2805 too. Not sure there's anything out there right now worth upgrading too. I was gonna upgrade too but it seems like a waste, since there's not too much to gain. Why not wait until the HD audio formats are all worked out and HDMI is fully up and running.
    I agree with L.J. Your 2805 has all the processing power one would need and is a fairly powerful unit aswell. I would keep it until it dies. Hopefully for you it will last until the new audio formats are in full swing.

But in the mean time you could get an external 2 or 3 channel amp to compliment you 2805. You would gain WAAAAAYYYYYY more from doing this then upgrading to a Denon 3806. And remember, if you upgrade now, you will no doubt upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years anyways with the new audio formats on the horizon.

I'm hoping my Denon 1804 last a couple more years, I sure wish my 1804 had pre-outs like your 2805.

Quote Originally Posted by cam
    I agree with L.J. Your 2805 has all the processing power one would need and is a fairly powerful unit aswell. I would keep it until it dies. Hopefully for you it will last until the new audio formats are in full swing.

But in the mean time you could get an external 2 or 3 channel amp to compliment you 2805. You would gain WAAAAAYYYYYY more from doing this then upgrading to a Denon 3806. And remember, if you upgrade now, you will no doubt upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years anyways with the new audio formats on the horizon.

I'm hoping my Denon 1804 last a couple more years, I sure wish my 1804 had pre-outs like your 2805.
    Great advice from both Cam & LJ. One small point though. Your 2805 should not only last until the new audio formats come out, but just may outlast you. Got another room that you watch TV in? May be time to start thinking about where you will move this system when it is time to upgrade.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Shok,

just curious, do you use the room EQ feature on your 2805? If so which one do you prefer?

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Ya know i've played and played around with it and in the end,i just leave it off.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Ya know i've played and played around with it and in the end,i just leave it off.
    Hmm....I've been using the "normal" setting for a long time now and I'm thinking of giving it a try with no EQ settings also.

Thread Information