AR Newbie Registered Member

Which Speakers for Rpksan?

Hi !
    Which Bookshelf Speakers for Roksan Kandy mkIII + Arcam cd T 73 player ??(music: house, pop,rock ..im not classic fun !

Quote Originally Posted by Francc
    Hi !
    Which Bookshelf Speakers for Roksan Kandy mkIII + Arcam cd T 73 player ??(music: house, pop,rock ..im not classic fun !
    Some info about your room size, how many channels, subwoofer yes or no, some choices you have available, and what you have heard and liked or disliked will help people help you.

Welcome!
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

Quote Originally Posted by TinHere
    Some info about your room size, how many channels, subwoofer yes or no, some choices you have available, and what you have heard and liked or disliked will help people help you.

Welcome!
    Hi! my room size is 4x5 m.,two channel and no sub! Now i have Kef Q1 with Van den Hul cabels rojal jade hibrid for tweter and VDH CS 122 for bass(biwiring) and the sound is too dark !With very fast music(dance) no detail!! I have look for dynadio S 52 , quad 12L and Monitor audio S1!! In croatia we can buy most speakers the are avalible in europe(B&W,Dynaudio,Dalli,Linn,Quad,Jm-lab,Opera,Sonus Faber,Jamo,Cyrus,Mission,Krell,Mirage,Diapason,Mag nepan,Rogers,Mordaunt Short etc.)

IRG
    Hi! my room size is 4x5 m.,two channel and no sub! Now i have Kef Q1 with Van den Hul cabels rojal jade hibrid for tweter and VDH CS 122 for bass(biwiring) and the sound is too dark !With very fast music(dance) no detail!! I have look for dynadio S 52 , quad 12L and Monitor audio S1!! In croatia we can buy most speakers the are avalible in europe(B&W,Dynaudio,Dalli,Linn,Quad,Jm-lab,Opera,Sonus Faber,Jamo,Cyrus,Mission,Krell,Mirage,Diapason,Mag nepan,Rogers,Mordaunt Short etc.)
    I have the Roksan amp with the Kandy cd player well. Either way, a good combo. I'm not familiar with all of the brands you listed, but I would take a listen to the B&W 602S3, or the more expensive cdm1nt and others in the line. The 602 might be better for bass output.

I have a pair of Energy c-3 that are pretty good for 2 ways in the bass area, though a sub might be nice someday. I would also look at the Dynaudio as the Roksan amp can easily drive 4 ohm loads. I've heard good things about the Quad, but no personal experience.

I personally don't put much stock into the cables, including biwiring - bi amping being a different thing. Put your $ into speakers, not cables. If you get Mirage, chances are you might get Energy as well. Check out the C-3 or the upper line. Excellent speakers for the $. See if you can borrow speakers for the weekend to try them out in your home. More helpful than listening to them in a store. Good luck.

Ok! thanks!

Forum Regular
    I think the problem may lie in your choice of speaker cables. Cs122 is rather dark
    and strange sounding. Try QED silver anniversay. They tend to lean on the
    bright side but not much though.

Thread Information