Datacolor's Spyder for Canadians

In association with Kexodusc enterprises, the Datacolor Spyder calibration system that has been circulating inside the borders of the United States may be heading for Canada. Any Canadians who'd like to try the Spyder on their direct view or RPTV, sign up in this thread. Kex, who was kind enough to research options and logistics, will help to monitor this leg of the world tour.

Forum Regular
    I was thinking about buying one so if I could rent it that would be SUPER.. Let me know how much and how to get in contact with whom currently has it and we can go from there.

So far as I know, it's in Texas, or en route thereto, as we speak. I think we'd like to get a head count before we start scheduling to determine the best logistics. Kexo at some point should make an appearance on this thread.

Forum Regular
    Sounds good.. I'll keep a close eye on this thread

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Cool, I'm a full fledge enterprise now...

C'mon guys, Ed is graciously offering to send this thing across the border for your TV calibrating pleasures...great opportunity here.

If you were like me, on vacation at Disney World back when Ed made this fabulous offer, I would recommend checking out this thread:
    Data Color's Spyder TV calibration system, part 2
    Same rules will apply as before, I presume. I've volunteered to work out the logistics of getting this thing safely across the border (read: cheaply). Let us know if you're interested, and your location and we'll work out a logical tour for this thing to make across Canada. I'm guessing it'll start on the East Coast, but we'll see.

Gotta admit, I've sent out more than few PM's, and while the few that did reply were very friendly, the response has been lukewarm...So far there's me, and 1 person with 6 posts who I haven't seen on this site for 2 weeks.

You Canadians baffle me...here you have a chance to get to use something cool for free and you're saying "no". That's not the Canadian way...Did we mention it comes with a 6-pack?

I'll keep bumping this thread to dig up some more interest...looks like I might be the only one????

(BUMP)

Kexo,

That's the wonderful thing about Tigger, too. Being the only one is okay. We'll still get it to you.

Ed

Forum Regular
    Kexo your not the only one I would love to be part of the mailing list I live in B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by HD newbie
    Kexo your not the only one I would love to be part of the mailing list I live in B.C.
    Cool...there's only 5800 Km's between us...wonder if this thing will make any stops along the way?

Thread Information