Question on the size of power cables.

I am considering to upgrade my power cable for my receiver. The receiver is Rotel RSX 972 75 watts x 5. http://rotel.com/products/specs/rsx972.htm. Is there are certain gauge I should avoid for my receiver? I should purchase a 2 channel amp but I would like to explore this alternative first. Also, I am not hoping for a dramatic improvement with this acquistion, just that my connection seems loose on the back with stock cable. Any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks

More info, this is what I am considering to this point. http://audioadvisor.com/store/produc...ribute_1=1.0+M

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

At the outset...

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    I am considering to upgrade my power cable for my receiver. The receiver is Rotel RSX 972 75 watts x 5. http://rotel.com/products/specs/rsx972.htm. Is there are certain gauge I should avoid for my receiver? I should purchase a 2 channel amp but I would like to explore this alternative first. Also, I am not hoping for a dramatic improvement with this acquistion, just that my connection seems loose on the back with stock cable. Any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks
    ...let me say IMHO the whole PC deal is bogus...now that we understand each other...from a repair tech's POV:

If your OEM cord is loose, It may not be the cord...it may not even be the IEC receptacle on your unit (although either possibility exists)...it may not even be a problem...some of these female panel connectors are simply locked in place by various means and some just grab better...try this: with the unit on and the volume very, very low...grab the PC connector an gently wiggle it...slowly wiggle it a bit more...if you hear nothing, if the sound doesn't cut-out, if your display or other lighted indicators don't disappear or blink...guess what? You don't have a problem...if you do experience difficulty, it's process of elimination time...simply get any replacement IEC-terminated cord of like length and gauge and swap it out...if the trouble persists it's probably the unit's connector which will require qualified servicing.

Just as the wings of an airplane move during flight, some components have play in them...the theory being to wiggle is better than to break...

jimHJJ(...of course, if you're dead set on a new, overpriced cord...well, whatever floats yer boat...to me there are just too many reasons why it's un-necessary...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Thread Information