Forum Regular

Harman Kardon SoundSticks II

I figure I can pick up a SoundSticks II system for around 100 bucks on Ebay. Does anyone have experience with these speakers? I'm gonna check em out later this week hopefully.

I think they might be a more practical alternative for me right now instead of buying a set of atoms and a reciever and hooking it to my computer.

EDIT: I was just browsing other threads and I found people talking about a T-amp. Is that something I could just plug from my computer straight to a pair of say Atoms?

Forum Regular

soundsticks = money down the drain..

Avoid the soundsticks at all cost. They were originally marketed for sale with Apple products. They look cool but sound horrible. No midrange, bass and the highs are screechy. I'd go with the t-amp even though I have no experience with it. It has to be a better solution than the sound sticks. Paired with the Atoms (and a sub if you have one) I don't think they can be beat in that price range.

Forum Regular
    well I have an apple

actually the atoms are probably V3, i'm gonna try to get them off of ebay.

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssarm@mac.com
    well I have an apple
    That's no reason to buy the soundsticks though, unless you want to stick to form over function.

Forum Regular
    Are the atom V3 speakers just as good, or similiar, to the current model, and will i just be able to run them like

computer --->T amp---> Atoms?

Thread Information