Forum Regular

Denon 2900 DVD Player Anyone Have it or Heard It?

Wonder what anyone who owns or who has actually heard the Denon 2900 as opposed to the 2910 or 1910 DVD player, thinks of it, in regards to the audio sound? Does it make the audio quality of regular 2 channel CD's slightly better, moderately better or significantly better? Please don't consider ProLogic 2 in response to answering this.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    I listened to the 2910 and the 1910 at place in San Diego while on vacation and killing time. Sounded the same with the same cd,it was a Dire S cd,greatest hits i think. Now switching receivers and speakers,now that changed the sound,from ok to good to wow. I think the best combo i liked was a Yamaha and some B&W 602's. Also a Denon 2106 some Polks sounded real nice. Not sure which ones but the were bookshelf and very heavy. I had them turn off the subs while playing around. The polks seem to have nice bass at low levels.
    Look & Listen

Forget it, Hersh. Until you upgrade your speakers there's no use in buying a $700 DVD player. Especially since you only use digital connections.

Agreed. You already have a great DVD player. Besides you need better speakers in order to take adavantage of a player like that.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    Wonder what anyone who owns or who has actually heard the Denon 2900 as opposed to the 2910 or 1910 DVD player, thinks of it, in regards to the audio sound? Does it make the audio quality of regular 2 channel CD's slightly better, moderately better or significantly better? Please don't consider ProLogic 2 in response to answering this.
    Check your pm unless you did.
    Look & Listen

Bad Info

Ed,

I put out some bad info with my post earlier. I have since deleted it.

It applied to the "direct inputs" not the digital output. Since reading things much closer without being rushed to goto work the setting in this menu should be "bypass".

I stand corrected. Sorry about that as well as hijacking the thread.

However you should still keep the HK it's a great player.

Thread Information