Breaking news flash!

I wanted to let everyone know that J actually went to see my son-in-law Jeremy's band last Sunday at the Knitting Factory and actually got to meet Jeremy, my daughter, and her friend Theresa. It's kind of ironic that he got to meet my daughter before me, but I'll be in NYC soon and we should be able to hook up then. That was very cool of him to make the show. The timing was just really bad for me so I couldn't make it there.I posted about this show and their band named "Movies With Heroes" a month or so ago and got a few responses, although I didn't expect anyone to actually attend.

Anyway, the big news is that they just signed on for a 23 date tour in Europe and will be opening for "Further Seems Forever", an up and coming indy band that is fronted by the former lead singer for Dashboard Confessional. They'll be in London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, and I can't remember where else, and it looks like they will also be doing an Asian tour soon after that. You could say I'm pretty proud right now.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    It's kind of ironic that he got to meet my daughter before me, but I'll be in NYC soon and we should be able to hook up then.
    Swish
    You've never met your daughter???

Congrats to your SIL Swish! That's very cool. Who know's maybe someday we'll be trading Movies With Heroes CDs and putting their songs on comps.

It's kind of ironic that he got to meet my daughter before me

Swish

Huh??
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    He travels a lot. I actually got to meet his wife first too, just last year. Crazy family.

You guys are goofy! J met my daughter and has never...

Congrats to your SIL Swish! That's very cool. Who know's maybe someday we'll be trading Movies With Heroes CDs and putting their songs on comps.

met me! I think my original line was fine. You're all just a bunch of freaks.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

You're as goofy as FA...

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Huh??
    ...it's exactly as I posted. J met my daughter but has never met me. What is it with you people? I need a drink.

Swish

I need a drink.

Swish
    Apparently I do too. A strong one!

I honestly thought that you were saying that you had never met your daughter but would be able to hook up with her when you were in NYC.

The best part is that I took GM and Davey along with me in my misguided journey. I'm laughing so hard right now, that I'm crying.

It's been a long day.....

I wanted to let everyone know that J actually went to see my son-in-law Jeremy's band last Sunday at the Knitting Factory and actually got to meet Jeremy, my daughter, and her friend Theresa. It's kind of ironic that he got to meet my daughter before me, but I'll be in NYC soon and we should be able to hook up then. That was very cool of him to make the show. The timing was just really bad for me so I couldn't make it there.I posted about this show and their band named "Movies With Heroes" a month or so ago and got a few responses, although I didn't expect anyone to actually attend.

Anyway, the big news is that they just signed on for a 23 date tour in Europe and will be opening for "Further Seems Forever", an up and coming indy band that is fronted by the former lead singer for Dashboard Confessional. They'll be in London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, and I can't remember where else, and it looks like they will also be doing an Asian tour soon after that. You could say I'm pretty proud right now.

Swish
    That's awesome about the tour! Further Seems Forever is a pretty big name in the Emo world. Just a note about them: The current singer for Dashboard Confessional (Chris Carrabba) is the *former* singer of Further Seems Forever. FSF's debut THE MOON IS DOWN (from 2001) is a classic of the Emo genre. For some reason Chris left to do his own thing with the more accoustic-based Dashboard. FSF isn't so much "up and coming" anymore, as they are pretty well established. They are releasing a "best-of" cd next week.

You should be very proud! Definately let us know about any U.S. dates they may have.. are there any soundclips available on the internet? I'd love to hear what they sound like.

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    You should be very proud! Definately let us know about any U.S. dates they may have.. are there any soundclips available on the internet? I'd love to hear what they sound like.

-jar

I just answered my own question:

http://www.myspace.com/movieswithheroes

If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    He travels a lot. I actually got to meet his wife first too, just last year. Crazy family.
    Dems fightin words round these parts!

My fractured facts are the result of hearing the info...

That's awesome about the tour! Further Seems Forever is a pretty big name in the Emo world. Just a note about them: The current singer for Dashboard Confessional (Chris Carrabba) is the *former* singer of Further Seems Forever. FSF's debut THE MOON IS DOWN (from 2001) is a classic of the Emo genre. For some reason Chris left to do his own thing with the more accoustic-based Dashboard. FSF isn't so much "up and coming" anymore, as they are pretty well established. They are releasing a "best-of" cd next week.

-jar
    from my wife, who got it from my daughter, who was on her cell phone with a signal that was breaking up quite a bit. Thanks for setting me straight on this. As for the sound clips, I see you already found them, but I was going to go a bit further and send you the new cd. I got one at their recent cd release part at the Chameleon in Lancaster.

Regards,
    Swish

Thanks for the link Jar. I just finished listening and I really enjoyed the songs. And I'm not just saying that either.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    That's how I read it.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Are we creating a buzz?

Hey, I forgot about their place on "My Space" because it's relatively new. I was just checking it more thoroughly and found a bunch of blurbs about their new cd. So what did you think about the songs Jar?

Swish

About movieswithheroes

As the old cliché goes, there are two sides to every story, and the music of Lancaster PA’s MOVIES WITH HEROES is no exception.

For MOVIES, five years of indie-touring, self-released records, and uncompromising live shows culminate with the release of their national debut, Nothing Here is Perfect. The album, an overpowering blend of the ferocious and the fragile, manages to deliver on two fronts, simultaneously rocking both melodically and methodically.

On one hand, you have the cerebral lyrics, the delicately deliberate arrangements, and the intricately structured melodies. It’s music from the brain, plotted-out with the uncanny precision.

On the other hand, you have the sound of something visceral and fierce. This is the sound of five grown men going for broke. The sound of five lifetimes worth of passion being distilled into a single powerful presentation. It’s music from the heart, brimming over with sincerity and ardor.

Produced and recorded by the members of MOVIES WITH HEROES and mixed by Ed Rose (THE GET UP KIDS, REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT), Nothing Here Is Perfect is a kaleidoscopic romp through the annals of arena rock. From the riotous march of “Wake Up” to the black-and-blue groove of “Nothing” to the anthemic pop of “Wildflower,” the band shows in the full spectrum of colors how years of struggle, sacrifice and angst can blossom into a sound full of purpose and drive.

Since solidifying in 2000, the band has shared stages across the US with the likes of COHEED AND CAMBRIA, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL, CURSIVE, THE PROMISE RING, RAINER MARIA, and more. Now in partnership with CI Records, MOVIES WITH HEROES is poised to make an impact on a national front as one of the most excitingly honest and emotive bands to emerge from the independent music scene.

Like a working class COLDPLAY, or the FOO FIGHTERS with a doctorate, MOVIES WITH HEROES walks a fine line between the two sides of their story, finding something beautiful in the delicate, albeit tense, balance between them.

Nothing Here is Perfect hits stores March 28th, 2006.

------------------------------------------------------
    WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT "NOTHING HERE IS PERFECT":

"While they may not currently be the “it” band of the moment, they should be, and that moment should last for an incredibly long time."
    -Smother

"With the release of Nothing Here is Perfect Movies with Heroes could easily become a household name."
    -Dailycampus

"Movies With Heroes, much like Jimmy Eat World, and Acceptance, have the ability to write pop hooks that are bigger than you might be able to handle." -Wrankmusic

"There is not a bad song on here. I can’t wait to see what this band can accomplish behind an album as strong as this one. A must-have for anyone that dares to say they like rock music."
    -AllAgesZine

"This album makes you want to go out with your friends, have some drinks, turn up the radio and drive fast. 'Nothing' is a single that could be playing on the radio today."
    -BlogSanDiego

"Movies With Heroes is a brilliantly accomplished band writing smart, catchy songs that remain eminently listenable. We're talking major chords, big hooks, clever melodies and sparkling arrangements that can only be made by musicians with a true gift."
    -Fly Magazine

"Really, really good. My favorite is 'Wake Up'; it sounds like a grittier version of an early Cure song."
    -Go! Magazine

"The anthemic songs on the new release are shot full of rock, yet still catchy enough to be categorized as pop."
    -South Bend Tribune

"Unbelievable. Keep your eyes peeled for these guys to quite possibly become the next Fall Out Boy."
    -Entertainment World

"One of the most exciting and honest bands recording today. This album is a must-have to anyone who calls themselves a fan of true rock."
    -Aced Magazine

"Nothing Here Is Perfect is a flat-out great album. Not just occasionally, but just about every song features a memorable, singable, enjoyable, eye-opening chorus."
    -Decapolis

Thread Information