Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AR Newbie Registered Member

Best Home Stereo

Hi, first off great forums, and i also have a few questions.
    One of my customers wants a home stereo, and i would like to get some answers for him. He wants to get the best money can buy, with money not being a factor. Can you give me somethings to look for or some products to recommend.
    Thanks a lot.

First of all, does he want stereo, for mainly music, or does he want surround capability for both movies and music--home theater? I'll assume the latter, since we're in the HT forum. Is he one of those people who isn't really an enthusiast but has the money to buy whatever somebody else considers "the best"? I'll assume so. The following are companies (tube and solid state), in alphbetical order, that make cost-no-object electronic components (DVD/CD players, processors/amps/receivers) that uniformly excel: Ayre Acoustics, Cary Audio, Conrad Johnson, Esoteric, Krell, Lexicon, Linn, Mark Levinson, Meridian, Primare, Sim Audio. This list is hardly exhaustive, and I've left out some stellar companies, since they do not delve into home theater at all, or with much vigor. But the ones mentioned run the gamut from eminently accessible to only slightly exotic, and even though at the higher reaches of this sport, not everyone will agree about which makes specifically the best particular item, a complete system comprised of any one faceplate will never disappoint on audio or video terms.

As for speakers, the possibilities are endless; Meridian, Linn, and Krell from above make speakers that would be hard not to recommend. Even many of the mainstream companies make flagship models that would qualify. I'm a planar person myself, so I'll just say Magnepan and be done with it. But choosing speakers is a more delicate affair, best done with some attention to how well they match with the chosen electronics.

Ed

Sorry, I can't help you.

But I have a question for you, I've been thinking about buying a car...or maybe a truck...SUV's are OK....sports cars are cool, too. I just want the best that money can buy. Anywho, can you recommend something? Price is no object and I like cars from Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, China, Spain, Sweden, Finland, and the good 'ol US of A. I don't really have a preference, just as long as it has four wheels and an engine.

While we're at it, I'd like to buy some art. Price is no object, I just want the best money can buy. Any era, any style, canvas or sculture, modern or abstract. It doesn't matter, as long as it's the best!

Finally, how 'bout recommending a new wife? I don't care if she's a blonde, redhead, or brunette. She can be tall, short, athletic, portly, whatever. Just as long as she's the best!

I pity your customer.

Horn lover
    Quote Originally Posted by coooldude5566
    One of my customers wants a home stereo, and i would like to get some answers for him. He wants to get the best money can buy, with money not being a factor. Can you give me somethings to look for or some products to recommend.
    Thanks a lot.
    This is like saying
    “I want the best boat money can buy”

Best for what?

Moving 1000 people from here to there?
    Smoothest ride?
    Fastest possible speed?
    Powered by steam?
    Powered by sail”
    Easiest for 1 man to operate?
    Highest state of decadence or luxury?
    Most recognizable builder name?

I think you can kind of see where this is going, there is no “best” system for everything, and there is serious discussion and disagreements between people in every small notch of the hobby. So to ask with a blanket statement of “best” is an impossible situation.

Not to mention everyone’s ears are different and what sounds good to one-person sounds like Dog Poo to the next.

Is this going to be installed in a built from the ground up listening room? If not there are some serious room design issues to be addressed before installing ANY system.

Thanks a lot.
    I think you may see by now that we'll need a little more info. Too many opptions at this point.
    Gees, these people can't even agree when you do give them a price point and a few restrictions. They'll never agree on anything with an open question like this. Except maybe that it can't be answered.
    How about a $$ to aim at. $1000 system or a $10,000 system? Or do you want to go up to $100,000 or more?
    Do they want good, great or the absolute best available? Hope they hit the lotto for that 3rd one.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Mutant from table 9
    One of my customers wants a home stereo, and i would like to get some answers for him.
    Okay, I hate to pile on some more, but I'm going to anyway. Your "customer" you say? What are you selling? I got an idea, howabout you come to my office and handle my customers for an afternoon. Are we going to get a commission if your customer buys what we recommend?

And finally, no matter how much people want to claim to the contrary, no matter bad azz they think they are, money is, was, and always will be an object. Billionaire don't waste time on internet message boards. Thats how they got to be billionaires. That and theivery.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed

Finally, how 'bout recommending a new wife? I don't care if she's a blonde, redhead, or brunette. She can be tall, short, athletic, portly, whatever. Just as long as she's the best!
    i'd reccomend a Jessica Alba or a Morena Bacarin, both have exceptional performance stats, although, i'll have to get back to you as i havent had a chance to test either out yet.
    /create

Forum Regular
    can i order one morena?

bill

Mutant from table 9

"Take my wife... Please!" - Henny Youngman

Do they come with a return policy? I'd like to get one of each and return the one I don't like. I'f I like both, I'll keep one in the playroom and one in the bedroom.
    While you're at it, throw in Summer Glau.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    i'd reccomend a Jessica Alba or a Morena Bacarin, both have exceptional performance stats, although, i'll have to get back to you as i havent had a chance to test either out yet.
    Morena didn't make the short list. Not my cuppa tea.

Jessica, otoh Does her agent allow in-home auditions? The good one's always do!

I'll try be less nebulous than the OP by stating I prefer classic beauties such as Charlize Theron or Rosamund Pike. Adriana Lima is nice, too.

Morena didn't make the short list. Not my cuppa tea.
    WHAO?!

Jessica, otoh Does her agent allow in-home auditions? The good one's always do!
    Looking for a test drive?

Mutant from table 9
    Someone call the FAA, because this thread has been hijacked!

What's more important in a woman: Hot or Cute?

For those that don't know the difference: Cute = Michelle Williams, Kirsten Dunst, or my new favorite Ginnifer Goodwin (super cute in Walk the Line and HBO's new show).

Hot = Alba and, well, you know... hot.

I gotta vote for cute anyday. To beat a dead horse, "no matter how hot a chick is, there is always some guy tired of banging her."

I would go with the high end Orion 5.1 ht system with passive 30 watt sub. You can purchase from Wal-Mart for $49 bucks new. Probably can get the Orion 20 inch flat screen for 100 bucks on sale also if your buddy can swing it.

Kam
    i love the irony... it's "orgasmdonor" that puts the thread back on track...
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Do they come with a return policy? I'd like to get one of each and return the one I don't like. I'f I like both, I'll keep one in the playroom and one in the bedroom.
    While you're at it, throw in Summer Glau.
    And where would be wife #1?Did'nt she tell you another woman would be hamburger meat

Thanks a lot.
    Welcome to the forum !Are you a Stereo Agent?You know with some guys on this forum you were asking to get these remarks.
    Last edited by PAT.P; 03-14-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    And where would be wife #1?Did'nt she tell you another woman would be hamburger meat
    She's OK with fantasies.

(LJ peeps head in)

Wow! What the heck happened here?

(Closes door)

She's OK with fantasies.
    Cool ,here one you could dream about
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool ,here one you could dream about
    My wife sends her thanks.

My wife sends her thanks.
    The pleasure mine.You should check this site www.womenbehindbars.com

The pleasure mine.You should check this site www.womenbehindbars.com
    HAHAHAHAHA I love the part where it says, "add to cart." Are we shopping here?

Now that's funny......Wow, talk about getting your thread jacked!

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Now that's funny......Wow, talk about getting your thread jacked!
    At least we didn't take him down the cottonwood tree express.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information