Thread: New speakers

Forum Regular

New speakers

I have a low budget of 700.00. Ihave had Paradigm monitors in the past and love them very much. I'm trying to find a little more musical speaker for my money. I'm currently listening to Energy speakers, but they sound kind of bright and tingy. What do you all think od B&W DM600's with the LCR60 center channel? I have a 10" 250 watt Def Tech sub.

Forum Regular
    Are you looking for just a pair of speakers or an entire HT? IF it's just a pair the Dynaudio Audience 42, Magnepan MMG, and ACI Emerald are excellent in that price range. Ohm also has a new offering for about $750 (Walsh Micro Tower) that is supposed to be excellent, although I have yet to hear it. If it's a full HT check out a system consisting of Ascend Acoustics CBM 170...very good value.

Forum Regular
    Sorry I did not fully explain. I need three fronts to please the wife. I mostly listen to two channel music, she is the home theater buff. I was thinking of the B$W because my local shop sells them.

Forum Regular
    How big is your room?
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Simple go give the B&W's a listen. B&W is generally a safe buy for people wanting home theater and good quality music. That's not to say they're the best...but as big name speaker companies go they probably are right there. I would try and get the 602S3 as fronts because they're the best speakers in the 600 series line IMO. But you should also purchase the best of the 2 center channels they have.

Try and find a dealer that carries B&W and another brand you like...and work out a deal that if you don't like the speakers that you can return them for the alternative. In this budget and for your needs...this would be my choice because the 602S3 has the volume and creates a solid dynamic presentation.

Forum Regular
    I ended up buying a very different make of speaker. My wife and went to audition speakers over the weekend.
    We listened to some speakers manufactured by a company know for high-end car audio speakers. These speakers are manufactured in Germany by MB Quart. I cannot believe the sound that these babies can put out for relative low amounts of cash (775.00 stand mount and 450.00 for center). I bough the what is know as the “S” series stand mount along with matching center channel. I would compare to Paradigms studio line, but something about the tweeter in the MB
    Quart seems to image and sound a whole lot crisper without being harsh.

Thread Information