Thread: NEO:6 Music

NEO:6 Music

Recently bought a Sherwood AVR for our bedroom. The description on this sound format listed it as 'direct sound through the front left/right speaker and matrixed through the center and rears.
    I have to admit, it sounds superior over PL II.

anyone read/experienced this format?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    Recently bought a Sherwood AVR for our bedroom. The description on this sound format listed it as 'direct sound through the front left/right speaker and matrixed through the center and rears.
    I have to admit, it sounds superior over PL II.

anyone read/experienced this format?
    Yes I have. I like it better than the PL II also. Seems to have better highs & mids and a little more imaging. But it took a lot of switching back and forth to decide.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    I use it every great once in a while, only seems to work well with really high-quality recordings. I do like it better than Dolby PL2, mainly because it provides better bass. I have to turn on my subwoofer with PL2, and I hate subwoofers for music.
    I can take what’s being given
    I can down whatever comes
    I will do what you deem necessary
    My fear compels me

Forum Regular
    Don't use them for music myself,but for analog tv and vhs i like neo-6 much better than o pl11.I find it has a much smoother sound.Similar to dts compared to dolby digital.
    thanks
    bill

I never even tried it. I really don't mess with the DSP's and what not. I like sticking to the original source. You guys have sparked my interest though. Perhaps I'll give it a listen

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I never even tried it. I really don't mess with the DSP's and what not. I like sticking to the original source. You guys have sparked my interest though. Perhaps I'll give it a listen
    It works good for when you only have a 2 channel source. It will matrix the others for you. But if you have a multi channel source, I'd stick to what the original is.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    I liked the DTS neo 6 on the Marantz 5400 receiver than the DPL-2 and the Circle Surround. What I heard was similar to the threads expressed by Caniac and Musicman 1999.

On my Harman 635 The Neo 6 takes third place. I like the Logic 7 and the pl 2 better. The 5 channel stereo isn't too bad either. Neo defintely has a sound all its own...probably not for everyone...doesn't seem to work for metal too well. With heavy music you do not have too many mids.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    PL II works for me after i got into the surround setup for it and adjusted.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by orgasmdonor
    On my Harman 635 The Neo 6 takes third place. I like the Logic 7 and the pl 2 better. The 5 channel stereo isn't too bad either. Neo defintely has a sound all its own...probably not for everyone...doesn't seem to work for metal too well. With heavy music you do not have too many mids.
    I only use the Neo 6 for movies & TV shows. I don't like it much for music of any kind.

Thread Information