AR Newbie Registered Member

Question HELP - Denon AVR 3300 "cant get component (3 wire) output to work"

I tried hooking up a monitor to the MONITOR OUTPUT (3 wire component) of the DENON 3300 and cannot get a signal to TV ... The source is in the DVD INPUT Component as well.
    Can anyone help me out? is there a setting I need to make? ... Thanks..
    Last edited by teddy123; 02-23-2006 at 07:05 AM.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Please clarify....you said you used the '3 wire' composite video output, but composite video is only 1 wire (the yellow). Component video is 3 wire (red, blue, green) so double check and see which connection you're using.

Basically, as long as you're using the same connection method on both the input and output it should pass the signal through the monitor output just fine. Just make sure you have the correct input chosen on the front (DVD of course).

If you're using two different connection methods it will not work.
    (Sorry ... I am using all component connections but no signal to TV)

Please clarify....you said you used the '3 wire' composite video output, but composite video is only 1 wire (the yellow). Component video is 3 wire (red, blue, green) so double check and see which connection you're using.

Basically, as long as you're using the same connection method on both the input and output it should pass the signal through the monitor output just fine. Just make sure you have the correct input chosen on the front (DVD of course).

If you're using two different connection methods it will not work.

Is your TV set on the component video input?

Go straight to the TV with the component video and see if you get a picture. If so, the problem is with the reciever. If not, the problem is with the TV.

a couple of those "d'oh!" things to check:

is the TV on the correct video input?

it's been a very long time since I've had the 3300 and never used switching but I'm pretty sure it's a one or the other proposition with this unit. You could try disconnection all of the other video inputs to the Denon (composite +Svideo). It's a long shot.

And double check that the DVDP outputs the signal when connected straight to the TV as previously suggested.

While it may not be noticeable to the human eye I think I recall some of the more tech minded folks claiming that the Denon 3300 component outputs were limited in bandwidth and therefore not really suited for passing on a full signal in the first place. If that's really the case you may be better off picture wise not using the switching at all.

Wish I could be of actual help.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Also make sure they are connected correctly. Make sure you've got green to green...red to red..blue to blue. Just one wrong one anywhere will render it useless. Happens more than you might think

Thread Information