I have to take my headphones to work more often..

listening to Slosh's FOOLISH PLEASURE comp.. what a nice job of sequencing, esp from tracks 7 through 13.. He seemlessly moves from Les Savy Fav to McLusky to Black Heart Procession.. then to the beautiful "Woven Birds" by Calexico into Sixteen Horsepower, then to Ryan Adams' "Come Pick Me Up" which sort of looks back to the McLusky a little.. but then without a blink he goes into "Candyman" by the Grateful Dead.. which amazingly, looks back nicely to the BHP cut, can't quite put my finger on it, but it has a similar vibe.. Now the Beatle's "Mother Nature's Son" is up and what a nice song that is..

I think it pisses people off though that I wear headphones.. because they have to come over to my desk to get me.. they can't just yell from across the room cuz I probably won't hear them.. hehe

nice job on the comp Slosh.. wow April 1, 2003... can't wait to see what you come up with for April 1, 2004

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

wow!

Thanks for the comments. I've kinda forgotten about that one. Probably because it sorta fizzles out towards the end but the first 2/3rds look pretty decent.

I spent about an hour yesterday on the net looking for an SACD or DVD-A title to buy and came up with nada I refuse to buy anything I already have on CD or LP (unless it's something like Emegency & I or OK Computer...IOW, all-time faves). Pathetic. You'd think at this point there'd be at least one damned hi-rez title out there that doesn't turn my stomach. Sheesh! And that's with two formats. Guess if I want hi-rez I need to stick with LP and give up 5.1

Thread Information