Dreamcatcher

Sunfire True EQ Signature Vs. Velodyne DD12

I want to upgrade my AV systme recently, I've been using Yamaha YST-SW800 and I feel it's a bit slow in my system.

Now I feel very defficult to choose between Sunfire True EQ Signature and Velodyne DD-12, does anyone have any idea, which one I should pick?

Thanks!

Forum Regular
    I have heard the Sunfire and DID NOT like it at all. Put out alot of noise but it wasn't
    very clean or tight. You might also consider the Ultra series from SVS.
    JVC RXDP-10 Reciever
    7 OutlawAudio M-200 monoblocks
    Infinity IL-60 Mains
    Infinity IL-36c Center
    Infinity IL-50 Surrounds
    Infinity IL-10 Back Surrounds
    SVS PB12-ULTRA/2
    Mitsubishi 65" hdtv
    Douglas theater seating

I was looking into the Sunfire a while back. They sound great to me. But I had read that there are reliability issues with them.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Dreamcatcher
    I feel hard to choose between them, but most of my friends consider DD12 is much better than Sunfire for the punchy feeling of AV. By the way we don't have SVS dealer in Asia, what a day! Thanks anyway!

Forum Regular
    there are no SVS dealers, it's all direct from the factory. I would definatly go with the volodyne dd12 over the sunfire. For one, I the dd12 is just a better sub, and that the sunfires are overpriced. Granted I've only heard a few sunfires in dealer rooms, but that was my impression. I couldn't afford the velodyne dd series, so I went with the splr series, but I compared a number of different subs and I really liked the velodyne sound.
    In addition, what will make more of a difference and is a little more objective, the dd series has a pretty advanced parametric eq that will help you fix room based problems which create various problems in pretty much every room that doesn't have lots of expensive acoustic treatment, and many that do. If you haven't used one before, it will make more of a difference than you can imagine, plus the dd12 should be able to do a fairly good job of setting it up automatically with the supplied mic, and you will just have to mess around and tweak it a little. I think that, especially given the built in eq system in the velodyne, it's not much of a contest.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Would not use either

I think the Sunfire would be a better sub than the Velodyne based on Specs.....have not heard the sunfire. I personally would not waste my money on either. They are both over priced for the performance factor. The Velodyne just moves a lot of air, and is not very musical, or detailed. Have installed these for over 4 years.....unimpressed. Best sub for the money to date would have to be the HSU Research. Check it out and read as many reviews as you can find.

Thread Information