AR Newbie Registered Member

SF cremona auditor + Pathos classic one

hi everybody .
    this is my first post here. I am looking for new system and my favorite speaker is Sonus faber cremona auditor. My questions are
    1. I wonder SF cremona auditor can get along with Pathos classicone or not (I cannot afford Logos at this time) My budget for integrated amp is 2,000-2,500$. Please recommend me the proper integrated amp at my budget.
    2. Is there any speaker that can compare with SF cremona auditor

My favorite musics are Jazz (Trio), classical music. I am not interested in vocal music. My room size is 4m x 4m

I do not have much experience, please please feel free to suggest me....
    Thank you very much

Hi and welcome,

I know your speaker choice well and congratulate you on your choice. I will give you three amps that will work exceptionaly well with the Cremonas.
    You already picked the first one the "Pathos Classic One". Also look into an all valve based amp from "Unison Research" and for a solid state option the "Sugden A21 or A21 SE" is hard to beat for a marriage with SF Cremonas and your taste in music.
    You now have one of each. A hybrid,an all Valve and a Solid State. Happy hunting and please keep us updated.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd

P.S. Mike Anderson (a member here) has a Pathos Classic one for sale at the moment. Worth an E-Mail I think.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Welcome fellow friend of Quality Music reproduction. I have a Classic One in the upstairs system and it has served me well with Maggie 1.6, 3.6, VMPS RM30M and can also drive me DIVA to normal levels. For the money its a steal in build, sound and functionallity. Wonderfull unit!

-Florian
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Good choice of speaker. I am a fan of those too. The Pathos is an excellent match, IMO. With those two you are in for some very nice tunes. Welcome to the forum.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

I have a Classic One MkII (which I'm presently selling on audiogon because I want the power of the Logos).

It's a sweet amp, extremely smooth and musical. Unless you have inefficient speakers that require a lot of juice, you should be very happy.
    There's an audiophile born every minute. Congratulations; you're right on time.

FREE RADICAL RADIO: Hours of free, radical MP3s!

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Have you thought to try bi-amping them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson
    I have a Classic One MkII (which I'm presently selling on audiogon because I want the power of the Logos).

It's a sweet amp, extremely smooth and musical. Unless you have inefficient speakers that require a lot of juice, you should be very happy.
    It would be an interesting experiment.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Hi,
    I forgot to suggest another speaker as you requested. I would give the Zingali Overture1 or Overture2 a listen. Great for you type of music and easy to drive and beautiful as only the Italiens know how to do.

Have fun

Bernd

AR Newbie Registered Member
    thank you very much, i appreciate your help from all GURUs here.

the reason why i am not sure is that ClassicOne can provide enough power (watt) for Cremona auditor or not. Should i save up more money and go for Logos? (it would take long time to afford logos )

do you guys think that Cremona auditor is overpriced ?

Quote Originally Posted by pong55
    thank you very much, i appreciate your help from all GURUs here.

the reason why i am not sure is that ClassicOne can provide enough power (watt) for Cremona auditor or not. Should i save up more money and go for Logos? (it would take long time to afford logos )

do you guys think that Cremona auditor is overpriced ?
    The Pathos Classic One will be fine.Don't get bothered too much by watts.
    As for overpriced-that depends on how tied your budget is. In my opinion, no they are not overpriced but you can get better, like the Zingali or some Proacs or some Opera.
    You will need to listen to the speakers and then decide. The workmanship on the Italien speakers you will find hard to beat for the money.

Have fun

Bernd

It's just a hobby
    Quote Originally Posted by pong55
    hi everybody .
    this is my first post here. I am looking for new system and my favorite speaker is Sonus faber cremona auditor. My questions are
    1. I wonder SF cremona auditor can get along with Pathos classicone or not (I cannot afford Logos at this time) My budget for integrated amp is 2,000-2,500$. Please recommend me the proper integrated amp at my budget.
    2. Is there any speaker that can compare with SF cremona auditor

My favorite musics are Jazz (Trio), classical music. I am not interested in vocal music. My room size is 4m x 4m

I do not have much experience, please please feel free to suggest me....
    Thank you very much
    The Cremona Auditor is a very refined speaker that comes across as a bit lean at least in comparison to the old Concerto Home, based on that premise here are a few suggestions. On amplifier side, compare the Classic One to the Copland Hybrid, the Copland is slightly warmer (downside is it makes less dramatic transients) than the Pathos Classic One, on the speaker side look at the new JMLabs Be models, electra and Utopia models (not heard the Profiles) as they come across as slightly warmer than the Cremona Auditors, then again your musical preferences might mean that you love the Cremona Auditor/Classic One combo.
    It's a listening test, you do not need to see it to listen to it!

Thread Information