AR Newbie Registered Member

Wireless headphones using audio out jacks

Greetings,

Just purchased a set of wireless headphones and have attached to a Yamaha HTR-5830 via the rec out jacks. My question is this: My DVD player is connected through an opitcal cable. Headphones will not receive dvd output. All other functions will receive (CD, TV, VCR, etc) via RCA inputs/outputs. Is there a secret to fixing this? Thanks for your help.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I'm gonna guess that its because the internal workings don't route a 5.1 channel signal to the 2-channel rec outs. Is there a DSP that outputs only stereo? Or converts to 2 channel Dolby? Maybe then it will work?If not, a workaround would be to run the wireless transmiter from the headphone jack. Just get a Y adaptor to to convert the 1/4" stereo jack to two mono-RCA connections.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the quick response. Hunted around for the DSP to downcode. No luck. Looks like I will have to plug into the headphone jack after all (plugging in the Headphone jack solved the issue). It won't make the W person happy because I will have to leave the cabinet door open. (Can't you hide that mess???) Oh well at least I can listen to the player. Thanks again!

many receivers don't pass signals thet originated in the digital domain to the tape monitor jacks, only analog signals. ..sounds like you've got one of 'em. RTFM.

Thread Information