Forum Regular

Totem Rainmaker vs Mirage Omnisat v2

I have small area next to TV for fronts. Considering Totem Rainmaker or Mirage Omnisat v2. Tying in with home theatre and great musical sound. Which would be better all around for both. I realize I will need a decent sub for either. Any recommendations. Large room 14-18-20tall. I was told that I could use Mirage center and satellites. But Totem said I could not use less expensive center, satelites from Dreamcatcher system Said bad timber match. I can't afford rainmaker center $1000, and $1000 for another pair of Rainmaker fronts to use in rears. Any ideas. I believe Rainmaker better musically.

Any thoughts?

Stereo value > car value texlle's Avatar
    I would go with the Totems as I've heard the Model 1's and was very impressed. If you like the Rainmakers better, but lack the funds to buy their complete HT setup, I'd attempt to do some listening and see if there are any other cheaper options that go well with the sound of the Totems. If anything, buy your Rainmaker fronts now and save for their entire line. If you like them better anyway, you shouldn't make yourself have to settle.

That's my $.02 on the matter, anyway.
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Conrad-Johnson PV14
    Sonographe SA-250
    Music Hall CD 25.2
    Musical Fidelity V3 series- X-LPS phono preamp, X-DAC, X-PSU
    Rega RP1 w/ performance pack
    Pure i-20 iPod dock
    -----------------------------
    B&W DM603s2- B&W LCR60s3- B&W DM302
    Velodyne CT-120 12" sub
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Arcam CD73T
    Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
    Denon DBP-1611 bluray
    -----------------------------
    KEF K120- Jolida JD202a- Cambridge Audio D300 cdp- T500 tuner

Photo gallery

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    As I've posted before, I was strongly considering the V2's because of their slim design. I spent about an hour and a half listening to them at Best Buy.The sound was decent but I couldn't help feeling they were missing something. It's like they were hitting all the right notes, but they had no soul. Kind of like a keyboard in piano mode versus an actual piano. Now I can compare them to all kinds of things, but when it really comes down to it, the real problem was they didn't sound like my Totems. I have now deceided to go with the new Totem Tribe instead.

Totem speakers are not timbre matched between the various models. Totem buys drivers from many different manufacturers depending on what they are trying to achieve with a given model. Each crossover is then designed according to that specific drivers needs to achieve the best sound. This is from one of the totem reps at CES.

As far as being able to afford a full set of Rainmakers, take the above posters advice. Just buy the fronts first and get the rest as you are able.

Besides, Totem really had one of the best looking brochures!!
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Thread Information