AR Newbie Registered Member

Center for B&W CDM1-SE

Hi, folks! I've had my bookshelfs for about 7 years now and am very happy with them. My old receiver went bust and now have a Harmon Kardon AVR. I need a center channel. The companion one is the CDM CSE, but it appears to be very large and is fairly expensive, even used. Would a CC6 function just as nicely? Any other alternatives that might come close to matching my CDM1's? Or, just take the plunge and find a CSE?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

For the CDM SE series, you really should try to track down one of the CDM center speakers. Others on this board who've used the CDM series in a HT configuration have said that the that it matches well with the mains. The CC6 was already a badly matched center speaker for the 600 series, so I would think that it would be an even worse match for the CDM SE series.

If you want to go with a center speaker, do it right and voice match it properly. Otherwise, you're better off with no center speaker than a poorly matched one.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    For the CDM SE series, you really should try to track down one of the CDM center speakers. Others on this board who've used the CDM series in a HT configuration have said that the that it matches well with the mains. The CC6 was already a badly matched center speaker for the 600 series, so I would think that it would be an even worse match for the CDM SE series.

If you want to go with a center speaker, do it right and voice match it properly. Otherwise, you're better off with no center speaker than a poorly matched one.
    Couldn't agree more. The cc is far too important in both HT and hi-rez mc playback. Don't screw around. Do it right.

Thread Information