Thread: Oiling Speakers

Forum Regular

Oiling Speakers

Hi, I own a pair of Klipsck KG 3.2 speakers. I keep hearing about people oiling the speaker cabinets. What should I use and how often. Thanks

Cool In my experience...

It kinda depends on where in the country you are. If your speakers are exposed to heat and/or direct sunlight often or for extended lenghts of time, you'll need to oil your cabs (assuming their real wood veneer and not vinyl) at least every three months. If you've air conditioning, and live in a temperate climate, once a year with a good commercial wood oil should do it. Fromans or something on that level.

Da Worfster

Suspended
    Do they squeak? Sorry I couldn't resist. I've owned a pair of Oiled Oak Klipsch Kg4s for about 20 years. I live in Illinois and have oiled them about twice a year and they still look good as new.

For real wood I use Antique Oil ,it protect wood from water damage.Some people had some wood wax also after oil is on.I just use oil and its just fine.

Forum Regular
    They squeak alittle, LOL. What are you putting on them?

Suspended
    I've used Old English furniture oil and also another product my wife found which is a combination of bee's wax and lemon oil. Any good quality furniture should be fine and much better than none at all.

Thread Information