Thread: cdr playback?

AR Newbie Registered Member

cdr playback?

My sony cd changer 300 disc will only play cdr disc when it has been off for a long time...Plays anyother disc fine.... Ive tried other peoples cdr to no avail. But the strange thing is a have one cdr that plays fine.... Cant find out the difff.. by the way they have cd text which works fine when it reads it... have tried all difff kind of cdr brands and cd burning software..

Forum Regular

All cd-r discs are not created equal...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiley1
    My sony cd changer 300 disc will only play cdr disc when it has been off for a long time...Plays anyother disc fine.... Ive tried other peoples cdr to no avail. But the strange thing is a have one cdr that plays fine.... Cant find out the difff.. by the way they have cd text which works fine when it reads it... have tried all difff kind of cdr brands and cd burning software..
    ...or should I say burned equally. My car cd player will play any disc I've burned using my standalone audio-only cd burner. But it refuses to read most discs burned on a computer. Personally, I think the high burning speeds of computers introduce too many errors into the data stream that's going onto the blank disc. Yeah, it's cool that you can burn an entire album in 2 minutes, but you've gotta pay the price for all that convenience.
    As for it only playing discs when it's cool, most audio gear plays best when it's cool or warm. But when the heat starts rising, problems appear. Pretty much true of all mechanical things. They're made to run warm, but not necessarily hot. If your changer is stacked with other gear (especially on top of an amp) or is in a relatively enclosed area, try giving it some air to see if it makes any difference. If none of that makes it any better try cleaning the lens in your cd changer with a lens cleaning disc. CD-Rs are hard enough to read without a bunch of dust getting in the way.
    Mike

Thread Information