Thread: B & O question

pbc
    AR Newbie Registered Member

B & O question

Hello. I'm a novice in this forum so please excuse my mistakes or ignorance. I recently inherited some Bang and Olufsen components from an old friend. I know the equipment is in good working order but has some scratches from much use and a few moves. There is a Beogram 8000 turntable, a Beomaster 2400 amp/tuner and a Beocord tape deck. The speakers were kept by a member of the family. Unfortunately, I can't use the equipment. I recently moved to a smaller home and we already have a new system that meets our needs. A neighbor has offered to take the system off my hands. I'm hesitant to part with it without getting fair value for it. It's not the $ so much as it would be feeling like a fool if I "gave it away." Can anyone suggest a website for determining the components value (already looked on eBay without much success) or is there someone on the forum who buys and sells B & O?

pbc

meteo man
    meteo man

Adcom GFA-5400 amp
    Adcom GTP-602 tuner/preamp
    Toshiba SD2700 DVD player
    Rotel RCD-1070 CD player
    Paradigm Signature S2 speakers
    Velodyne SPL-800R subwoofer
    Adcom ACE-615 AC line conditioner
    Straightwire Stage speaker wires
    Straightwire Chorus cable interconnects

pbc
    AR Newbie Registered Member
    thanks for the suggestion --

Turntable anorak!
    As something of a Beo-phile, i can offer the advice that here in the UK, a Beogram 8000 in GWO with cartridge would fetch about £150-£200 and the Beomaster 2400 about £70-100. The Beocord would be worth less depending on model number and condition, unless it's a 9000 in which case it's one of the best cassette decks made by anyone and worth £200-£300. Obviously this is UK market and prices so this may differ depending on where you are in the world!

Also check out www.beoworld.co.uk including their forum - they're a very helpful bunch!
    Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Thread Information