Forum Regular

Wall Mounting Bookshelf Speakers, would you?

You can see a detailed description of my system in this thread, second picture is my room layout:
    My System

In summary I have a SVS Sub with 2 Chorus 715 floorstanders and I need to change them out and throw some speakers on the wall, the sub can stay since my 2 year old can't tip it.

I have read loads and found many great threads regarding bookshelf speakers and the porting and the distance blah blah blah.

My main question at the moment is:
    Would you mount a set of VR-1’s or rainmakers or Epiphony on wall mounts like these??

http://www.electroshops.com/consumer...nt-speaker.htm
    or these:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oDXA2pz...speaker+mounts

Are there any other mounts that are better than these that I have found that should be considered?

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

Have a nice day

Looking at the brackets my favorite would be the B-TECH for the screwless clamping and the fact that it will let rear ported speakers breath somewhat more with the speaker slid forward in the clamp. keep the brackets low on the wall though so the speaker remains at the right height. Bass extension may increase being so close the the wall but so might the boominess in the midbass, also imaging will probably suffer too. Dealers who sell the speakers on your list speakers should let you try before you buy so you can find out which speaker will take to the wall mounting better. Personally though i'd wall mount only as a last resort and look for ways to prevent a 2 year old from tipping over your floorstanders.

P.S. Dont you dare fire self tapping screws into any of those speakers!!
    Last edited by MikeyBC; 12-09-2005 at 08:23 AM.
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Forum Regular
    The VLB 200 is a great mount. It's quite sturdy so you shouldn't be nervous about putting an expensive set of bookshelfs in it.

Why not just lay down a little razor wire to keep the 2 year old out?

Wheatland69
    The VR's are similiar to my MTX's, and I have them mounted on the wall with the B-Tech brackets. I have them mounted in a corner, to allow the crossing of the stereo sounds. They work great for me, as I have limited space, but would have rather had them on a stand. But with your 2 year old, I can see where that would be a problem.

Thread Information