Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Question What happened???

Were did my topics go??? Did someone moved them somewere else???? I hope no one deleted them since I will be very upset if they deleted them.

Well heres some more details about why I am getting the MA-15D in the future when I get enough money.

I know that it doesn't go as high as my monitors but maybe the highs will sound more clean and clear and more precise. The MA-15D has a Bass Enhancer that makes only the lows like at 70hz to boost up so it sounds like a bigger speaker. Plus you can hook a sub to the MA-15D. The MA-10D can't hook a sub up. Only the MA-15D can be connected to a sub since it has a sub output. The tweeters on the MA-15D uses silk dome type unlike Polycarbonate dome tweeter that are used in the MA-10D. Another thing is that the MA-15D goes 30 watts mine only goes 20 watts.

But if you guys think I should stick with my MA-10D since it goes 35kHz then I will keep them but I wont be able to hook a sub on to it. as you see that MA-10D goes from 45hz to 35kHz since these monitors can't hook a sub up that's why it goes low as 45hz. But the MA-15D only goes 70hz to 20kHz since you can hook a sub to it to make the bass go down more. Plus it has that Bass Enhancer switch 1 and 2 and 2 having the most bass out of the speakers without sub. You can turn the switch to number 2 on the Bass Enhancer even if the sub is connected too to add more bass if you want. As you see in the specs the Bass Enhancer doesn't over-drive the woofers so that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Were did my topics go??? Did someone moved them somewere else???? I hope no one deleted them since I will be very upset if they deleted them.
    There not deleted ,they are moved to off topic or steel cage.You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I think you need to go outside more and meet real people. Go to a coffeeshop, read a book, hang out. Get a grip on reality. Listen to some live music, at a bar perhaps. Learn to live life and to move on. It's just plain unhealthy what you do here. Do your parents keep you locked in your room with that cat? Does your window open?

I hope that they got erased same as i hope that this one will get erased.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

chill out you guys, take it easy on SVI.

Your thread was moved to the "Steel Cage" because of the nasty posts people were making.

Ok well at least they were not deleted. Anyways I have decided that I will use my JBL HLS410 for the mains and my JBL SUB135 with my Pioneer VSX-405 receiver since right now I am not able to hook a sub to my MA-10D so there is not lot's of bass just the MA-10D it self. But I am still thinking if I should get the Sony SS-MB150H speakers since they really did sound good to me and they were cheap too. Plus they go up to 50kHz. Of cource I will need my JBL sub with this since it only goes low as 80hz.

Ok well at least they were not deleted. Anyways I have decided that I will use my JBL HLS410 for the mains and my JBL SUB135 with my Pioneer VSX-405 receiver since right now I am not able to hook a sub to my MA-10D so there is not lot's of bass just the MA-10D it self. But I am still thinking if I should get the Sony SS-MB150H speakers since they really did sound good to me and they were cheap too. Plus they go up to 50kHz. Of cource I will need my JBL sub with this since it only goes low as 80hz.
    You change your mind more than your underwear

Buying a speaker just because the spec sheet says it can reproduce up to 50khz is quite asanine.

Why don't you get a job and save up some money so you can buy some real speakers and upgrade instead of constantly buying these crap speakers which are a sidegrade?

Or maybe get your boyfriend to send you some money?

Don't buy new speakers until you have had a chance to hear them. Go out and listen. Don't make up your mind before you've had a chance to hear them and think about it for a while.

Do you have a budget?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Like i said, sell all your stuff and start over. Go out and listen, buy some good speaker stands and some good electronics., What do you work?

Mutant from table 9
    Man, you need to get a test tone CD so you can hear what 35hz and 20khz actually sounds like. Not a whole lotta music going on at those extremes.

Forum Regular

A suggestion

why not get a pair of the small minimus 7 speakers from ebay, 15-20 dollars a set and a small reciever, about 20-30 watts. for under 100 dollars you can get a system that has some history to it. i did this for my niece and she is very happy with her system. they will more than kick the ass off those MD pieces of crap you want to purchase.
    and as for specs, you will never hear the upper range anyway. your hearing drops off at about 16khz unless you are part dog. for bass you will never achieve what you want until you do an upgrade, but as said before be happy with a small system for now, dispense with the bass and when you are ready to upgrade. get a job, put money in bank and then get something decent.

Well I guess I can only noticeable hear up to 18kHz so I guess if a speaker goes more than 20kHz it's probley not worth it since I can't hear it. I can say I can barely hear 19kHz that's for sure.

I do have to say I do have better ears than average people do so that's very cool. Means I can hear more out of my music better than others.

I do have to say I do have better ears than average people do so that's very cool. Means I can hear more out of my music better than others.
    Time will change that. Enjoy it while you can.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Not really. How much music do you think is is the 20khz range?

And if you're listening on a pair of crappy 10 watt computer speakers, you're actually hearing less than you think. You're probably hearing more distortion than music.

Forum Regular
    thats right i dont know exactly what the vocal range is but usually around 1500-8000 hz? but most speakers are crossed over in this area anyway. except for bass the upper octives are negotiable at best.

Hey Spanky,

do you really believe the stuff you write?

Forum Regular
    sounds like hes bored as all.......

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Not really. How much music do you think is is the 20khz range?

And if you're listening on a pair of crappy 10 watt computer speakers, you're actually hearing less than you think. You're probably hearing more distortion than music.
    Maybe so but still my Edirol MA-10D goes from 45hz to 35kHz. Anyways my JBL HLS410 sounds very clean and precise to me and I really think they are the best compac and small speakers ever. I mean I have heard other speakers that have 4in woofers and they sound like crap compaired to the JBL HLS410's.I really think that the HLS410's sounds ALOT better than the N24 or the E10's. Of cource the best speakers I ever owned and the best speakers I ever heard in that size meaning 6in woofers is the JBL S26 that I have. I have heard other 6in speakers and they do not give the deep punchy bass and the clear precise highs as the S26 that's for sure. The S26 sounds really close to the LSR6328P studio monitors too. How do I know is since I have heard all of the LSR series.

Maybe so but still my Edirol MA-10D goes from 45hz to 35kHz. Anyways my JBL HLS410 sounds very clean and precise to me and I really think they are the best compac and small speakers ever. I mean I have heard other speakers that have 4in woofers and they sound like crap compaired to the JBL HLS410's.I really think that the HLS410's sounds ALOT better than the N24 or the E10's. Of cource the best speakers I ever owned and the best speakers I ever heard in that size meaning 6in woofers is the JBL S26 that I have. I have heard other 6in speakers and they do not give the deep punchy bass and the clear precise highs as the S26 that's for sure. The S26 sounds really close to the LSR6328P studio monitors too. How do I know is since I have heard all of the LSR series.
    Then I think you should keep these and forget about upgrading. Why change them if you like them? Hang on to what you have. I'm sure you'll have other uses for the money.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Out of curiosity...

...how will you be using these things? Are you actually using them as computer speakers with your listening position within 2-3 feet?

If that is the case, they may well sound reasonably good. At that distance room interaction is virtually non-existent, so bass response should be OK and the highs should be reasonably well dispersed...proximity means a lot.

However...da-dum...any FR spec you read no matter how impressive it may seem is relatively meaningless unless accompanied by a tolerance...for example 45Hz-35kHz +/- 3dB would be impressive...the spec of 45Hz-35Khz really isn't. Since I couldn't find your model number at the Roland site, I haven't a clue. Even properly loaded 4-inch "woofers" may measure down to 45Hz, but if that figure is 10dB down it's really a moot point, same with the high-end(FR-wise).

Also take into consideration the Edirols are powered AND contain a DAC...not much left over in the budget for really quality drivers...that doesn't mean they aren't satisfactory for your use, but it is a point to consider, particularly when pro studio monitors can cost thousands...

The upshot is, while specs can be important there is more to them than meets the eye...you really have to get out and give things a listen.

jimHJJ(...just my two cents...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

These will sound great

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/600910/

Compact, surprisingly powerful, and very versatile.

The MSR100 fills many sound reinforcement and stage monitor needs in one inexpensive, lightweight package. As a mixer, power amplifier, and speaker system combined in a single, compact unit, it's perfect for small events and club gigs. Mix in a CD player, rhythm machine, and/or keyboard with your voice -- all without the need of a separate mixer or power amplifier. And since it's made by Yamaha, the MSR100 provides the high-quality performance you need with exceptional ease-of-use and reliability.

Yamaha MSR100 8" Powered Speaker Specifications:

* Speaker type: 2-way bass reflex powered speaker
    * LF: 8" cone
    * HF: 1" compression driver
    * Frequency response: 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB)
    * Maximum SPL: 112dB (1m)
    * Dispersion 90 deg. H x 40 deg. V
    * Maximum Output Power 100W at 1kHz. THD=1%, RL=6
    * Crossover Frequency 4kHz
    * Input Sensitivity INPUT 1: -50dB*/+4dB* (with select SW)
    * INPUT 2 & 3: -10dB*
    * Input Impedance LINE 1 & 2 & 3: 10k
    * Link Out -10dB*/ 10k
    * Controls Level Control INPUT 1 & 2 & 3, Master Level
    * EQ LOW: +/-3dB at 60Hz, HIGH: +/-6dB at 10kHz
    * Power Switch ON/OFF
    * Connectors INPUT 1:
    * INPUT 2&3:
    * LINK OUT: XLR-3-31 (balanced)
    * Phone (unbalanced)
    * Phone (unbalanced)
    * Indicator Green LED: Power on, Red LED: Clip
    * Dimensions
    * (W x D x H) 10-7/8"W x 10"H x 18"D
    * Weight 24 lbs

MANUAL
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

* Frequency response: 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB)

That's quite scary.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information