nightflier

The ultimate equalizer?

I do a lot of evaluations, mostly borrowing amps, speakers, cables, etc. from friends. One of the things I want to do is get a better idea of what I'm hearing. So I thought I would look into adding an equalizer. I was wondering if there was something out there that has the following features:

a wide range of frequencies (below 20Hz. and above 20KHz.)
    presets / memory settings
    a spectrum anayzer
    video output (to display spectrum on a monitor)
    dual input/output
    remote

I know I'm probably asking for too much and maybe I'm bleeding into the pro-audio stuff, but an equalizer with most of these features would still be useful. Maybe multiple components? Used is OK, too.
    Last edited by nightflier; 11-12-2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typos

flier, how about this?

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    I do a lot of evaluations, mostly borring amps, speakers, cables, etc. in my garage. One of the things I want to do is get a better idea of what I'm hearing. So I thought I would look into adding an equalizer. I was wondering if there was something out there that has the following features:

a wide range of frequencies (below 20Hz. and above 20KHz.)
    presets / memory settings
    a spectrum anayzer
    video output (to display spectrum on a monitor)
    dual input/output
    remote

I know I'm probably asking for too much and maybe I'm bleeding into the pro-audio stuff, but an equalizer with most of these features would still be useful. Maybe multiple components? Used is OK, too.
    Dunno if it meets all of your criteria, but it meets most and for a low cost. Behringer DEQ2496 ULTRACURVE PRO ...

nightflier

Behringer

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Dunno if it meets all of your criteria, but it meets most and for a low cost. Behringer DEQ2496 ULTRACURVE PRO ...
    Wow, that is a lot of functionality. I was thinking more along the lines of the old pioneer equalizers that came with remotes, back in the early 90's. I do like what this Behringer can do, though. If only it had a video output, it would fit the bill. The spectrum analizers on 1u units tend to be rather difficult to read.

Maybe if there was a way to use a standard equalizer with two outputs where the second output could be used with a seperate spectrum analyzer that has a larger screen? I think what I'm looking for is two components?

Thread Information