Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pictures of ribbons (closeup)

Well here are some ribbons pictures.

Can we please move some air? Yes we can

Here is a back picture of the midrange ribbon and the twweter ribbon. The black stuff all over the back right are all MAGNETS

Here is a shot of all the magnets behind the woofer panel...

Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Wow, great shuffle board court. When do we play?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I just love these babies!
    You can see all the magnets behind the woofer panel. Oh great air pushers

That's cool. It's good to love your equipment. Do you pollish them every day?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    That's cool. It's good to love your equipment. Do you pollish them every day?
    Yes i do, and i dust all my equipment daily. This system is my pride, my holy grail and i have worked my ass off to get so far and it takes a royal space in my heart. Its not just a hobby for me, good sound is a way of life! I dont seek a cute system, or in a budget. I seek perfection and try to get their on my budget and if it doesnt match then i save until i get it.

So here's a tricky question for you? Where do you go from here? You already have your idea of perfection. Now what will you upgrade? Maybe it's time to get some surrounds? What could you use that would match? Could you use some MC1's or did Apogee make some you could bring back to life?

So here's a tricky question for you? Where do you go from here? You already have your idea of perfection. Now what will you upgrade? Maybe it's time to get some surrounds? What could you use that would match? Could you use some MC1's or did Apogee make some you could bring back to life?
    Good question, there is a simple answere.

A: I have no wishes, i have never heard a better system in my life.

I would like a bigger room when i get the chance and just try some more more equipment, but no upgrade plans. I had a full blown HT and liked it, but i have no interest in multi channel anymore.

Now its off to collect CD's and Records and enjoy.

-Flo

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Good question, there is a simple answere.

A: I have no wishes, i have never heard a better system in my life.

I would like a bigger room when i get the chance and just try some more more equipment, but no upgrade plans. I had a full blown HT and liked it, but i have no interest in multi channel anymore.

Now its off to collect CD's and Records and enjoy.

-Flo
    But what about movies? Don't you want to see some of you favorite movies in full blown DTS on your kick-ars system? Just think how incredable it would sound. Many movies have good sound tracks. Why not have the best of both worlds? Even a few MMGC's around the room would be better than nothing. What do you watch movies on now? Just think how much better they would sound over your Apogees.

Well, i have no interest in that. Here is how it looks when i watch a DVD.

I have no use for subwoofers since the DIVA starts to drop off at 23Hz by 1db. No point in a center channel since you can pin point everything.
    I have some BOX speakers "WOOOO" here that i can use. They are some of the best bookshelfs avaliable...

I can run a big HT no problem since i still have some .5 maggies and enough power amps. I could buy a Denon AVC1-SE but i just dont want surround sound or DTS. Had it already and THX processing also, but well i just dont want it anymore.

-Flo

OK, not your cup of tea I guess. Enjoy the 2 channel. Ever get those records from your "older gentleman" friend?

OK, not your cup of tea I guess. Enjoy the 2 channel. Ever get those records from your "older gentleman" friend?
    Well i was going to get them this week, but we moved our apointment two weeks since i will be teaching the entire next week. And this week just didnt fit in.

-Flo

Maybe it will fit in next time.

I am sure it will, he wants to audition these also. And i dont do auditions less then 3 hrs

Only 3 hours? Are you sure you can get it all to fit in with only 3 hours?

Well not all the records, but i think that noone can judge an audio system by listen to one or two cuts of music like RGA said he did. It takes time and i give all my customers and friends this time. Eventough it is highly unesessary on these

Forum Regular
    Very very cool stuff, I would love to hear it, but alas hear I am stuck in the woods
    with some old vintage stuff

So, bigger is better? And longer is best?

Quote Originally Posted by rockecat
    Very very cool stuff, I would love to hear it, but alas hear I am stuck in the woods
    with some old vintage stuff
    Vintage can be great! Apogees are over 20 years old too and in my book are still the best sounding speakers. Your welcome for a listen or two with some good bavarian beer

Well depends on what we are talking about here
    If its sex then the bigger the breasts the longer the sex...mmh i dont know! LOL

Forum Regular
    Latst night was date night with my bride of of 25 years and I swear some things get better with age, kinda like my old speakers they have a very nice patina after 25 plus years of being oiled up. This thread will now degrade I can feel it

Latst night was date night with my bride of of 25 years and I swear some things get better with age, kinda like my old speakers they have a very nice patina after 25 plus years of being oiled up. This thread will now degrade I can feel it
    How do you know? Do you have crystal balls?

Forum Regular
    No crystal ball's but I can read a tweeter!!

No crystal ball's but I can read a tweeter!!
    Read a tweeter? OK, you got me. What does that mean?

Forum Regular
    Read a tweeter? OK, you got me. What does that mean?
    Doh! check your PM

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Vintage can be great! Apogees are over 20 years old too and in my book are still the best sounding speakers. Your welcome for a listen or two with some good bavarian beer
    Hey Flo ,thank's for the offer I can bring some Ozark moonshine with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information