Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of 4

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Lightbulb Out of 4

Ok I am serious about this but out of my 4 speakers I currently own which do you guys think is the best sounding speakers? I want everyone to reply to this please. I want honest true infos about this. BUT don't compair them to other speakers like Axiom or other better speakers. JBL HLS410 or JBL S26 or Edirol MA-10D or JBL Control 1X
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 11-06-2005 at 09:30 AM.

I would pick the first one.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Lightbulb

Remember I am serious about this since I really want to know out of the 4 speakers I have which are the best.

How can you expect to be taken seriously?
    I for one am a complete ribbon freak and 100% biased towards them but i still like many other designs out there like the electrostatics or good box designs from Avalon, Genesis, Alon, Totem, AudioNote (for nearfield) and others. To state that studio monitors are better then Home speakers is so stupid its unbelieveable. For once, your Eidorols which if i see a cheap pair on ebay will buy and measure just to teach you something will never be able to reproduce anywhere close to the full spectrum! Besided that, there is no way in the world that they have a flat response in the room....studio monitor or not.

From all the ones you listed i like the first JBL's most, but you have to understand that those speakers are the beginning of the beginning. Hear some B&W's, Axioms or anything else and forget the rubbish you read on the eidorol website. There is more to the sound then a flat freqeuncy responce. Many systems sound dull and lifeless if they are flat. I know this, i used digital room correction to get a straight line and it sounded like ****.

There are many awsome people on this site, actually all of them. All have different taste and many own great systems. Check out RGA for highly efficent tube magic, check out me with power hungry man tall speakers and Topspeed, Geof. etc.... life and learn!

-Flo

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Remember I am serious about this since I really want to know out of the 4 speakers I have which are the best.
    the only way you will know for sure is by listening to them yourself. what sounds best to one person will not sound best to another.

if you are really serious about JBL's, try a pair of L-100's. i wouldnt waste my time or money on those in your list. i really think you need to expand your listening experiences, it will open up a whole other audio world for you.

Ok guys I know that there are other speakers that are better but I want to just compair the 4 I have now since I dont have any money to get new speakers. That's the reason why I am asking out of the 4 which will sound the best to you guys.

Ok guys I know that there are other speakers that are better but I want to just compair the 4 I have now since I dont have any money to get new speakers. That's the reason why I am asking out of the 4 which will sound the best to you guys.
    wouldnt know without doing a side by side comparison, which if you already have all of them, you can do yourself. why dont you tell us which is the best?

Well you guys could do is who ever has one of these speakers tell what your guys think about them and then we can compair and see which is higher rated out of the 4.

Sell all 4 and with the money buy a new and better one

As I said I need to know out of the 4 which do you guys think is the best out of the specs. If there is anyone who has actualy heard how these speakers sounded please post here and tell me how do you think they sound then we can compair and see which is higher rated out of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Sell all 4 and with the money buy a new and better one
    Ahh I don't think so since if I sell them I wont get the exact same amount of money I used to buy them. Remember I don't have lots of money for speakers.

Ahh I don't think so since if I sell them I wont get the exact same amount of money I used to buy them. Remember I don't have lots of money for speakers.
    I would rather own 1 good speaker then 4 bad ones

I have 4 cheeseburgers, tell me which one tastes the best.

Now see how stupid your question is?

To tell you guys the truth I really somereason feel that my JBL S26 is the best since it costed $400 pair and they have really good specs too and they do sound good too. But do you guys think that the JBL S26 is the best one I have since it costed the most?

If you want to ask me on how I think they are. Well the S26 is the best one and second will be the JBL Control 1X and third will be the Edirol MA-10D and the worst one is the JBL HLS410.

There we go, you found out what you like more.

BUT somereason I like my Edirol ones alot too since its my first powered studio monitor I ever got. Plus I was excited when I found out it goes from 45hz to 35kHz. I am currently using the Edirol ones since first its my newest monitors and its powered. Second it goes from 45hz to 35kHz which is very impressive for a monitor this size. I was shocked about its only -2db too. But I guess I can say the two best speakers I think are the JBL S26 and the Edirol MA-10D.

I think i know a good way to teach you, do you have a microphone?

Now remember this is what I think but now I want to know what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I think i know a good way to teach you, do you have a microphone?
    I don't have a mic that is good for testing monitors since my mic are cheap ones that are intergated with my web cam that I have.

Why do you care what others think. It obviously doesn't matter.

We think you're a sphincter but that doesn't stop your inane posts

Forum Regular
    It does not matter what we think only what you do. Speakers are one of those items that you have to close your eyes and just listen to without any regard to specs.I like the sound of old JBL's and AR's I try to stay open minded and listen to others but ultimately I come back to what I have been listening to for longer than you have been alive.

You on the other hand have many ,many more years and your musical taste will expand and your hearing will change some although I can still hear a tone to 15kHz so don't get wrapped up in what other's think or certain specs just enjoy the fact you will get to change your opinion for a long time to come.

Audio Video Guy point_and_shoot's Avatar
    By looks alone (since that is all I have to go on) the second pair (s26's) look the best to me.
    My HT Pictures The Moment of Truth......Digital Phase.

Audio Video Guy point_and_shoot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    We think you're a sphincter but that doesn't stop your inane posts
    LMAO!
    My HT Pictures The Moment of Truth......Digital Phase.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information